for fall admission
for spring admission
Although the official fall term deadline is May 1, we recommend you submit your application and supporting documents by February 1.
Are you a previous Rutgers student?
If so, you must use the re-enrollment application to apply to the RN to BS program.
To apply for the RN to BS program, you must have a nursing diploma or associate degree in nursing from an accredited National League of Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC)/ Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) college.
Include the following documents to be considered for admission:
- Completed online application
- Proof of current New Jersey RN License
- Preferred GPA of 3.2 or higher on a 4.0 scale. The GPA for an offer of admission may vary depending on the applicant pool.
- Current New Jersey RN License*
*If you haven’t passed the NCLEX but plan on taking or retaking the exam, you may still apply. You have until the start of the second matriculated semester to pass NCLEX exam and submit a copy of your license.
- Personal Statement: While not required, it is strongly recommended that applicants who fall beneath the suggested GPA requirement submit a personal statement sharing their employment experience as a nurse or if you are a new RN graduate, your academic/clinical experience to date and how this program will help you meet your professional goals. All personal statements should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Students currently enrolled in an associate’s degree nursing program who will be graduating prior to the beginning of the RN to BS program are eligible to apply with their degree in progress. We will work with you to submit all necessary documents and verify completion of your associate’s degree before the semester begins.
Students who have completed coursework outside of the U.S. must have their coursework evaluated by World Education Services (WES) for degree evaluation and transfer credit purposes.
Send your application documents to:
Office of University Undergraduate Admissions
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
65 Davidson Rd., Room 202
Piscataway, NJ 08854
RU-info: (732) 445-4636
Fax: (732) 445-8088