April 15th deadline for Fall admission
We consider the following elements in your application:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in nursing from a nationally accredited program
- GPA of 3.2 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Current RN license in NJ
When applying, make sure you submit the following:
- Completed online application including personal statement, resume, and proof of RN licensure
- Official transcript of all prior college work
- Two scholarly papers in which you’re the main author, like a published article, book chapter, or paper completed for school
- Two letters of reference from graduate-prepared nurses or faculty
- Paid application fee
If necessary, we will contact you to schedule a faculty interview.
- Applicants can view their most current admissions status through the online application system.
- The online application contains an admissions checklist which must be completed in order to be considered for admission to the program.
- Applicants are required to submit admission documents through the online application system (the applicant checklist).
- Applicants are required to submit official transcripts for all previous college work.
- Electronic transcripts (recommended) can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paper transcripts can be sent to Office of Admissions & Recruitment – School of Nursing, 65 Bergen St. (Room 601), Newark, NJ 07107
In addition to the criteria and requirements above, you must submit an official review of your transcript by either World Education Services or CGFNS International, Inc., as well as your IELTS results.
Even if you hold a master’s-level degree from the U.S. or another English-speaking country, you are still required to take the TOEFL or IELTS. Your scores must be current within two years of the semester you’re applying for, and you must have at minimum the following scores:
- Paper-based TOEFL: 550
- Computer-based TOEFL: 213
- IBT internet-based TOEFL: 22 in writing, 23 in speaking, 21 in reading, and 17 in listening
Learn more about your application process.