Our traditional, 4-year BS in Nursing program is for students who want to begin a nursing education right after high school.
This full-time program starts in the fall, and can be taken in Newark or New Brunswick, NJ. Newark and New Brunswick students enter as freshmen or transfers into the nursing program in the summer before their sophomore year.
We also have a 2 + 2 program in Blackwood, NJ, in which the first two years are completed at Camden Community College. Blackwood students enter as transfers in the summer before their junior year through a partnership with Camden County College.
To receive your bachelor’s degree, you must complete a total of 126 credits, including all of the liberal arts and nursing requirements in the traditional (or 2+2) curriculum. When you finish this program, you’ll be prepared to take your RN licensure exam (NCLEX) and begin your nursing career. School of Nursing students at the Newark and New Brunswick campuses who took the NCLEX for the first time in 2020 had a 97% pass rate.
- Spring 2022 (Class of 2024) to Present – New Brunswick Curriculum
- Spring 2022 (Class of 2024) to Present – Newark Curriculum
- Spring 2022 to Present – Blackwood Curriculum
- Fall 2020 – Fall 2021 (Classes of 2022 & 2023) – New Brunswick Campus
- Fall 2020 – Fall 2021 (Classes of 2022 & 2023) – Newark Campus
- Fall 2016 – Summer 2020 – Newark Campus (class of 2023 and prior)
- Fall 2016 – Summer 2020 – New Brunswick Campus (class of 2023 and prior)
- Fall 2016 – Fall 2021 – Blackwood Campus
The nursing curriculum is the same at our Newark, New Brunswick, and Blackwood campuses, although course names and numbers may differ.