The Nurse Midwifery DNP program prepares you to assess and manage women’s health issues at the highest level.
April 15th deadline extended to July 15th for Fall 2021 admission
At Rutgers School of Nursing, we prepare nurse midwives to manage the primary, obstetric, and gynecologic care of essentially healthy women across the life span and healthy newborns in a variety of settings.
We also prepare you to promote the health, safety, and welfare of families within the primary care environment.
My experience as a student in this program has been great. I like that the classes are flexible, because you can take them online or you can take them in person. I also like that the program directors are always available to help you and guide you.
Iris Gomez, DNP Student
Through this program, you will incorporate leadership principles and research activities into clinical practice, respecting diversity and inclusion in your practice.
Upon graduation, students are eligible to sit for national board certification.
This program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Midwifery Education, 8403 Colesville Road, Suite 1230, Silver Spring, MD 20910-6374; Tel: 240- 485-1803, firstname.lastname@example.org; www.midwife.org/acme.
Meet the Specialty Director
Robyn Schafer is the Interim Specialty Director for the Nurse Midwifery Program. Her specialties are midwifery, women’s health, risk assessment, decision-making, evidence-based practice, and patient-centered care
American Midwifery Certification Board pass rate was
– 2017 – 75% first time test takers and 100% retake
– 2016 – 86% first time test takers and 100 % retake
– 2015 – 86 % first time pass rate and 100 % retake
– 2014 – 86% first time pass rate and 100% retake
Graduation rates: MSN students-
– 2017 – 100% All students were part-time
– 2016 – 100% All students were part-time
– 2015 – 100% All students were part-time
– 2014 – 100% All students were part-time
The Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
The first students were admitted in January 2016.
The DNP is a new program. The first student graduated in 2018 :
– Post baccalaureate DNP – 1 student – 100%
– Post Master’s Certificate – 1 student – 100%
– Both students were full time.
– 2019 – no results yet, the students will graduate next year
American Midwifery Certification Board pass rates
-DNP – 2018 – 100%, No retake
-Post Masters Nurse Midwifery – 2018 – 100%, No retake
-MSN repeat – 2018 – 0% Retake (1 student)
– DNP students – 2018 – 100% – Student was full-time
– Post Masters Nurse Midwifery students – 2018- 100% -Student was part-time