The Nurse Midwifery DNP program prepares you to assess and manage women’s health issues at the highest level.
Please note that the Fall 2020 graduate application will close on August 7th for all advanced practice programs.
August 7 deadline for fall admission
77 credits + 810 clinical hours + 500 mentored hours
4-year study plans
At Rutgers School of Nursing, we prepare nurse midwives to manage the primary, obstetric, and gynecologic care of essentially healthy women across the life span and healthy newborns in a variety of settings.
We also prepare you to promote the health, safety, and welfare of families within the primary care environment.
My experience as a student in this program has been great. I like that the classes are flexible, because you can take them online or you can take them in person. I also like that the program directors are always available to help you and guide you.
Iris Gomez, DNP Student
Through this program, you will incorporate leadership principles and research activities into clinical practice, respecting diversity and inclusion in your practice.
Upon graduation, you will be eligible to sit for the nurse midwifery certification exam by the American Midwifery Certification Board.
The midwifery program at Rutgers School of Nursing is fully accredited by the Commission for Midwifery Education (ACME) 8403 Coleville, suite 1550, silver Spring MD 20910-6374
American Midwifery Certification Board pass rate was
– 2017 – 75% first time test takers and 100% retake
– 2016 – 86% first time test takers and 100 % retake
– 2015 – 86 % first time pass rate and 100 % retake
– 2014 – 86% first time pass rate and 100% retake
Graduation rates: MSN students-
– 2017 – 100% All students were part-time
– 2016 – 100% All students were part-time
– 2015 – 100% All students were part-time
– 2014 – 100% All students were part-time
The Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
The first students were admitted in January 2016.
The DNP is a new program. The first student graduated in 2018 :
– Post baccalaureate DNP – 1 student – 100%
– Post Master’s Certificate – 1 student – 100%
– Both students were full time.
– 2019 – no results yet, the students will graduate next year
American Midwifery Certification Board pass rates
-DNP – 2018 – 100%, No retake
-Post Masters Nurse Midwifery – 2018 – 100%, No retake
-MSN repeat – 2018 – 0% Retake (1 student)
– DNP students – 2018 – 100% – Student was full-time
– Post Masters Nurse Midwifery students – 2018- 100% -Student was part-time