Graduate Programs Information Session
Newark, NJ -
Tuesday, February 27, 2018 at 6:00 pm
Space is limited. Reserve your seat today
Admission Criteria for all Post-Masters DNP programs
Academic and Professional Requirements
- Masters in Nursing* from a nationally accredited program with at least a 3.2 graduate GPA (where A = 4.0). Non-nursing Masters degrees* from accredited universities will be evaluated on an individual basis.
- Official graduate transcript(s).
- Graduate level Research or Statistics course with a grade of B or better.
- Proof of current Registered Nurse licensure in the State of New Jersey.
- A personal statement describing your career goals relative to the doctoral study. You should include a general idea for your DNP scholarly project. Your vision for your Post DNP contributions to advance the nursing profession through scholarship and evidence-based practice must be emphasized in the statement Also, briefly describe your professional nursing practice and indicate any current or previous leadership roles. The applicants with a clear idea of a potential DNP project and the ability of the project to enhance/improve/contribute to nursing practice will be given preference for admission.
- Two letters of references preferably from direct supervisors or academicians.
- Two scholarly papers of which the applicant is the primary author. These may be published articles, book chapters, or papers completed for coursework.
- Completed online application.
- Application fee paid.
- Faculty interview may be required.
- Specialty certification is preferred.
To find the specific application deadlines for the academic program that you are interested in, visit Graduate Admissions Information.
In addition to the requirements above, International applicants must also submit the following:
- An official review of their transcript by WES or CGFNS and results of IELTS
- TOEFL or IELTS scores (required of all applicants whose undergraduate education was completed in a non-English speaking country. Even if you hold a master's-level degree from a U.S. or other english-speaking country you must still take the TOEFL or IELTS test. Scores must be current within 2 years of the applied semester.
The minimum Paper based TOEFL score is 550.
The minimum Computer based TOEFL score is 213
The minimum IBT-internet based TOEFL (Writing 22, Speaking 23, Reading 21, Listening 17)
More information for international applications