The School of Nursing offers an array of opportunities of non-degree study for individuals looking to take classes for personal or professional enrichment. The non-degree offerings allow potential students to take specific Rutgers Nursing courses without being formally admitted to the School of Nursing. The non-degree enrollment option is available for students already holding a bachelor’s degree and who are interested in taking graduate courses.
There are also certificate programs for advanced practice at the post master's level and continuing education courses for registered nurses given by the Center for Professional Development.
Baccalaureate Nursing degree holders may also apply for non-degree study. Students that are interested in continuing after that semester can apply for admission into one of our graduate nursing programs.
Non-degree study is currently offered at the Newark campus only.
Locations are subject to change dependent on registered students per course
Courses Available for Non-degree Study
(Available spaces in these courses varies each term)
- NURS 5104 - Advanced Pathophysiology (3 credits)
- NURS 6060 - Clinical Inquiry for Evidence Based Practice (3 credits)
- NURS 6040 - Social Determinants of Health (3 credits)
- Maximum of 6 credits - For additional credits, you must apply and be accepted to a program for matriculation.
- 1 semester limit - if space is available. Students in the program must register first.