Please check to make sure you have completed all clinical clearance requirements. These requirements must be completed in order to participate in clinical.
Once you’ve confirmed that you’ve completed your requirements, fill out a clinical placement information form, available by term:
- Spring 2022 Clinical Placement Request
- Summer 2022 Clinical Placement Request
- Fall 2022 Clinical Placement Request
Every field must be filled. Otherwise, incomplete forms will be sent back for the missing information.
Your completed form will be used to generate the clinical preceptor agreement letter. Without a signed agreement submitted to Rutgers, followed by notification from the Office of Clinical Affairs, you will not be able to participate in a clinical experience.
Please note that you may have to fill out additional forms that are required for specific sites, especially if the site is a larger facility or medical center.
For graduate students who require an additional Clinical Clearance Letter (requested by their site) please submit the request through this page.
Successful site placement involves a coordinated effort that includes following up on any leads. If placement is an issue for you, contact your track coordinator or clinical placement coordinator, who may be able to help.
Begin looking for placement for your next clinical course about four weeks into the current semester. Once you’ve found a site you want to follow up on:
- Call and inquire about their willingness to take a student, and make an appointment to speak with someone at the site, like the clinician or office manager.
- Bring your class syllabus, your CV, and a letter from the track coordinator with you to your appointment.
- Find out what documentation they require so that you may be cleared for your clinical.
- Explain exactly what you need as far as experiences and clinical hours go to meet course requirements.
- Find out what the office hours are so that you can arrange your time to accommodate the site and your needs.
- Thank them for their time and send a note.
Punctuality and professionalism are vital to your clinical experience:
- Get a contact number so that you can notify the site if you cannot come for the session.
- Don’t change days without notifying or getting permission from your site.
- Don’t change sites without properly notifying your present site. Let your site know that you have found another one that better meets your needs. If your present site looks promising, offer it to another student.
- If your present site needs more time to think, follow up by asking, “When can I contact you for a final decision?”
- Be sure to send a thank you note for the time and effort that the site expended on your behalf.
All students should contact their specialty directors with questions they may have.
For health records/compliance information, contact Student Health Services via secure message by logging into the Patient Immunization Portal at https://patient-rbhs.medicatconnect.com.
For a criminal background check clearance letter or a letter of liability insurance, contact:
Sherri Lynn Moose
Special Site Information
Newark Community Health Centers, Inc.
For clinical placement at this site, please do not contact them directly. Contact Mary DiGiulio instead.