Rutgers School of Nursing uses CastleBranch as a secure platform that allows you to order your Background Check and Student Disclosure Form online.
- If you’re a new student, make sure your program requires you to get a criminal background check when you enter, as fees are non-refundable.
- If you’re a continuing student, do not complete the application unless instructed by the clinical coordinator’s office.
Place Your Order
- Go to CastleBranch.
- Please indicate your NetID in the Student ID field. The criminal background check is good for two years. If you have completed this within the last two years through CastleBranch you will not need to do it again.
- Enter package code RU38 for a background check and document manager. Document trackers provide secure online storage for all your important documents. At the end of your online order process, you’ll be prompted to upload specific documents required by Rutgers School of Nursing: student disclosure form and confirmation of completed disclosure and authorization. If you need a drug test as well, use package code RU38all.
- Set up your myCB account.
- Please note that while money orders are accepted, they will result in a $10 fee and additional turnaround time.
View Your Results
Your results will be posted directly to your myCB account. You’ll be notified if any information is missing.
Although most background checks are completed within 5-10 business days, some results may take longer. Your order will show as “in process” until completed. A Rutgers School of Nursing administrator can also securely view your results online.
If you have any additional questions, please contact CastleBranch Student Support at (888) 914-7279.
All students are advised that in those instances where a student’s criminal background check contains information related to past criminal activity, the student shall matriculate at his/her own risk. Rutgers School of Nursing cannot guarantee that it will find suitable clinical placement(s), as the decision to accept a student rests entirely with the receiving institution.