Basic ECG Course
A two-day course
12 contact hours
Course ID: ECG
Offered on the Following Dates
March 30-31, 2017
8:00 am-4:00 pm both days
Location: Newark, NJ
Register for the Basic ECG Course »
Registration & Fees
$229 General Registration or
$179 for Rutgers School of Nursing Faculty, Students, Preceptors and Alumni (Legacy UMDNJ)
- Advanced registration and payment is required for all programs.
- View the Registration & Refund Policies
This course is designed for registered professional nurses and other healthcare professionals who work in settings that require cardiac telemetry. The course consists of a step-by-step approach to rhythm analysis and interpretation. You will learn basic electrocardiography, normal and abnormal cardiac rhythms, clinical symptoms and treatment modalities.
A certificate of completion is provided at the end of the course.
Upon completion of this program the student should be able to:
- Interpret and analyze ECG strips and determine rate, regularity and rhythm
- Describe the normal physiology of cardiac conduction
- Distinguish between basic dysrhythmias
- Describe the features and associated treatments for each basic dysrhythmias
Location & Map
Rutgers School of Nursing
Stanley S. Bergen Building, Room 1023
65 Bergen Street
Barbara Schweiger Albanese, MSN, RN, CCRN, CLNC
- Planners and Speakers have no conflicts of interest to disclose regarding this educational activity.
- There is no commercial support or sponsorship for this activity.
ˆ Back to Top | View more continuing education courses »
In support of improving patient care, Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.