Course ID: ECG
6 contact hours
Click on a date below to register for the specified course date.
Registration & Fees
- $200 General Registration or
- $170 for Rutgers School of Nursing Faculty, Students, Preceptors and Alumni (Legacy UMDNJ)
- Advanced registration and payment is required for all programs.
- View the Registration & Refund Policies
This course is designed for registered professional nurses and other healthcare professionals who work in settings that require cardiac telemetry. The course consists of a step-by-step approach to rhythm analysis and interpretation. You will learn basic electrocardiography, normal and abnormal cardiac rhythms, clinical symptoms and treatment modalities.
A certificate of completion is provided at the end of the course.
Upon completion of this program the student should be able to:
- Interpret and analyze ECG strips and determine rate, regularity and rhythm
- Describe the normal physiology of cardiac conduction
- Distinguish between basic dysrhythmias
- Describe the features and associated treatments for each basic dysrhythmias
Location & Map
Stanley S. Bergen Building, Room 1023
65 Bergen Street
Camden Lot and Deck Parking:
- Camden Parking Authority Lot 50 (16 S. 5th Street, Camden, NJ 08102) – Complimentary Parking for IV Therapy Students
- 5th Street Parking Lot @ $10 per day
- Metered parking is available along 5th Street. Be aware that ALL of the “posts” are metered spots. Follow directions on meters with “heads.”
Barbara Schweiger Albanese, MSN, RN, CLNC
Penny Smith, MSN, RN, CCRN
Nancy Hill MSN, RN, CMSRN, CCM
Planners and Speakers have no conflicts of interest to disclose regarding this educational activity.
There is no commercial support or sponsorship for this activity.
In support of improving patient care, Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.