In support of Rutgers’ commitment to health and safety for all members of its community, the University has updated its Immunization Requirements for Students to include the COVID-19 vaccine. This health policy update means that, with limited exceptions, all students planning to attend this course must be fully vaccinated.
Course ID: ORN
120 Contact Hours
September 22 – December 2, 2021
9:00AM – 5:30PM
Location: Online (subject to change based on Rutgers University operating status)
- Current, active, New Jersey registered nurse license
- Individual professional liability insurance
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS certification
- Background check – via Castle Branch
- Drug screen – via Castle Branch
- Physical examination (Download Physical Form)
- Copy of Health Insurance Card
- Required immunizations – View Immunization Record Form
*Note: Nurses from other States are required to have a valid New Jersey license in order to participate in clinical practice.
Registration Fee (per session)
- $3,500 – General Registration
- $2,975 – Rutgers School of Nursing Faculty, Students, Preceptors, and Alumni
- View the Registration & Refund Policies
A ten-week immersion course for nurses who would like to work in an Operating Room. Spend time learning how to provide high quality, patient centered care through classroom, simulation, and operating room experiences.
Goals of the course include:
Comprehensive classroom instruction including non-technical skills, team coordination, communication and critical thinking.
Students will learn how to integrate into the main operating rooms with basic skills and training, and the support of trained preceptors and hospital educators.
Simulation scenarios are incorporated throughout the course to integrate classroom discussion, and skills into the OR setting.
Students will receive AORN Periop 101 modules.
Hospital CNO, Directors of Perioperative Services and Recruiters please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 973-972-6655
Planners and Speakers have no conflicts of interest to disclose regarding this educational activity.
There is no commercial support or sponsorship for this activity.
In support of improving patient care, Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.