62 Contact Hours
Join our mailing list here to be notified when new dates are scheduled.
Registration & Fees
- Per Participant: $3,500
- Group Discount (3 or more): $2,700
- Advanced registration and payment is required for all programs
- View the Registration & Refund Policies
Course registration includes:
- AWONN resource materials
- AORN PeriOp 101 curriculum
- Online and in-class lectures
- Technical skills lab with simulation
- AORN membership
- Individualized clinical experience at your hospital
This 5-week program trains Registered Nurses, at all levels of experience, to provide skilled patient-centered care in the L&D Operating Room.
A collaborative academic-clinical practice partnership training program works together with your hospital to provide nurses with essential surgical competencies in the Labor and Delivery area.
This standardized course is based on the curriculum developed by the Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN), the national organization that provides standards for perioperative nursing care.
The Immersion Program:
- Facilitates recruitment and retention of quality nurses, offering professional training and career development, while providing a workforce succession pathway
- Integrates both newly licensed and experienced RNs into a surgical setting with the support and experience of trained preceptors and faculty educators
- Reduces the time, cost and effort to train and orient OR nurses
- Provides a standardized and centralized core training for perioperative nurses
In support of improving patient care, Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.