6 contact hours
Course ID: BB
November 1, 2019
Location: Newark, NJ (Address below)
Registration: 8:30 a.m.
Program: 9:00 a.m. – 4:15 p.m.
Breakfast / Lunch is included
Registration & Fees
- Advanced registration and payment is required for all programs.
View the Registration & Refund Policies
The symposium will provide education to empower the interprofessional health
care team to provide competent and confident gender-affirming care. Sessions
will be led by content experts who specialize in transgender-focused patient care
and research. The symposium is appropriate for all members of health care
teams, including physicians, health educators, behavioral health care providers,
nurses, advanced practice nurses, social workers, pharmacists, and other staff.
Students for all health professions are encouraged to attend.
- Define and differentiate between gender identity and expression for the healthcare provider
- Recognize current recommendations and guidelines for treatment and therapeutic goals for providers for patients throughout the lifespan.
- Identify social determinants that impact transgender health including risk and protective factors.
- Integrate affirmative practices for clinical care leading to equitable health outcomes.
The Bergen Room at the Paul Robeson Campus Center
350 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd,
Newark, NJ 07102
Planners and Speakers have no conflicts of interest to disclose regarding this educational activity.
There is no commercial support or sponsorship for this activity.
View more continuing education courses
A portion of this conference is made possible by the generous support of the Newark Beth Israel Medical Center.
In support of improving patient care, Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.