Community Visiting Nurse Association Carolyn E. Krajewski-Manney
Nursing Scholarship Award
Application Deadline: April 6, 2018
Criteria / Application for Nursing Scholarship Award:
- Student must have successfully completed at least one semester in an RN program.
- Must be attending either full or part time.
- Must be a resident of Somerset County.
- Actively enrolled in a National League for Nursing or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education accredited nursing program within the state of New Jersey.
- May be either graduate or undergraduate program.
- Present evidence of academic ability:
- Official transcript from high school (if graduated within three years or less).
- Official transcript from undergraduate program (if graduated within three years or less).
- An official transcript from institution in which enrolled, which must include most recent semester completed.
- Show a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or above.
- Write an essay of approximately 300 words expressing future professional goals and overview of why you chose the nursing profession.
- Provide two letters of reference, at least one of which must be professional.
General Administrative Guidelines:
- The award will be a nursing scholarship of $500-$1000, to be determined by Community Visiting Nurse Association.
- All applications and supporting documents must be received at the offices of Community Visiting Nurse Association prior to April 6, 2018. No fax or e-mail copies will be accepted.
- Selection of award recipient(s) will be determined by the Scholarship Committee.
- Selection of award recipient(s) is based on merit.
- Scholarship money will be paid directly to the recipient via a check payable jointly to the student and enrolled institution.
- Mail completed application and supporting documents to:
110 West End Ave.
Somerville, NJ 08876
- Candidate(s) selected as a scholarship award winner MUST be available to attend Community VNA’s Annual Meeting ceremony on Wednesday May 9th, 2018.
- Award winner(s) must agree to allow Community VNA to use their name, career achievements and photographs for publicity purposes.
- Award winner(s) may be asked to participate in future Community Visiting Nurse Association nursing scholarship activities.
Mary Ann Christopher Nursing Leadership Scholarship
Deadline to Apply: March 31, 2018
The Visiting Nurse Association Health Group presents the Mary Ann Christopher scholarship. The purpose is to provide financial assistance to qualified generic BSN nursing students interested in pursuing a career in nursing. Three BSN students will be selected and each scholarship award is $500.
View more information and application
Air Force Scholarship for MSN/DNP Specialties
2 & 3-yr scholarships are available for the following specialties, with a guaranteed job after graduation. View the flyer for more information.
-Mental Health Nurse
-Nurse – Midwife
-Family Nurse Practitioner
-Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
-Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner
AIR FORCE HEALTH PROFESSIONS SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM benefits include:
MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
Nurse Practitioner/CRNA School is expensive. Earning your NP or CRNA takes a lot of hard work and sacrifice. With a scholarship through the Air Force Health Professions Scholarship Program (HPSP), you can smile while we pay the bills. You can stay focused on school with no financial worries. The scholarship pays for full tuition and all required fees. That includes reimbursement for textbooks, small equipment items and supplies needed for your study. You'll also receive $2,200.00 a month stipend for living expenses.
After practitioner school you'll be fully commissioned as a Captain in the Air Force Nurse Corps. You'll have a year-for year commitment based on your scholarship, with a minimum obligation of three years.
Throughout your Air Force career, you'll be encouraged to continue your nursing education through in-house training, correspondence, military-sponsored short courses and by attending national meetings and conferences. The Air Force also offers 100 percent tuition assistance so you can continue your post-graduate studies.
As an Air Force Nurse, you enter a world class hospital with the best healthcare team in the world. There's no need to worry about HMO's, malpractice insurance and other red tape that's common in civilian practice.
NOTE: Scholarships get filled quickly, so if you have any questions contact me at your earliest convenience. We can sit down and go over the information with no obligation to you. Get everything you need to make an informed decision.
For more information, please contact:
TSgt Scott M. Thomson
318 Air Force Recruiting Squadron
1150 First Ave.
King of Prussia, PA 19406
Navy Nurse Candidate Program (NCP)
With the Navy Nurse Candidate Program (NCP), you can receive up to $34,000 while finishing nursing school – an amount that includes:
• An initial grant of $10,000 payable directly to you to use as you see fit
• Plus, a monthly stipend of $1,000 for up to 24 months to help cover living expenses
There is no military obligation until after your schooling is complete.
To apply, You must meet the following requirements:
- ***Be a U.S. citizen***
- Be a student or graduate in good standing of a U.S. education program granting a bachelor of
science degree and accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Be licensed to practice in a U.S. state, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of
Puerto Rico or a U.S. territory (new graduates must obtain a license within one year of
beginning Active Duty service)
- Be willing to serve a minimum of 4-5 years of Active Duty
- Be between the ages of 18 and 41
- Be in good physical condition and pass a full medical examination
For additional program information please contact:
Chief Diego Diaz
Or dial: (201) 850-2148
We are conveniently located at
10 Woodbridge Center Dr. suite 630
Woodbridge, NJ. 07095
Nurses Link Scholarship
Deadline: July 31 (Every Year)
We have 2 scholarships ranging between $500-$1,000 each.
Awards are available to undergraduate, graduate, certificate-level, nursing and NON-nursing students.
View More info and Apply »
Deadline, January 31, April 30, July 31 and October 31.
AACN and AfterCollege award two (2) $2500 scholarships every quarter to students who are seeking baccalaureate, master's or doctoral degree in nursing. You may view prior winners, eligibility requirements and access the application by clicking on the link below. They also offer several $500 scholarships.
View info and apply »
Volunteer Abroad Grants
Application deadlines: May 15, Aug. 15, Nov. 15 & Feb 15
The Omprakash Volunteer Abroad Grant supports travel and living expenses for qualified, energetic, and entrepreneurial individuals who want to volunteer abroad within its international network of grassroots health, education, and environmental “Partner” organizations hosting social projects in more than 30 countries ranging from Ecuador to Kenya to India and beyond. While the majority of volunteers are required to cover their own travel and living expenses, the competitive grant program enables Omprakash to enlist inspired individuals who are poised to contribute to its mission but would be unable to pay their own way.
The program has three basic aims:
- to provide talented young people with educational and empowering experiences of global citizenship,
- to provide its Partners with needed support,
- and to expand the scope and depth of our impact by recruiting volunteers who exhibit the intention and capacity to make a long-term contribution to its international network.
The Volunteer Abroad Grant program is open to all, regardless of age or nationality. Omprakash reviews four cycles of grant applications each year. Quarterly deadlines are May 15, August 15, and November 15, and February 15. In addition to grant supported travel, Omprakash offers volunteer opportunities with no administrative fees for those who can support their own participation.
APPLY FOR A VOLUNTEER Abroad GRANT
NEW JERSEY STATE FEDERATION OF WOMEN'S CLUBS OF GWFC
MARGARET YARDLEY FELLOWSHIP
Deadlines: March 1, 2017
Granted Annually to a Female Post Graduate Student
- RESIDENT of the state of New Jersey
- STUDENT engaged in graduate study
- FINANCIAL NEED for tuition only
- SCHOLASTIC achievement
- CAREER SERVICE potential
- CHARITABLE endeavors
Students who apply while still undergraduate seniors must already be accepted into a graduate studies program at the time the application is submitted
Students already enrolled in post graduate studies are are schedules to obtain their degress in May, 2017 or the summer of 2017 are not eligible to apply.
- AVAILABLE on the website www.njsfwc.org., and by mail. Requests are to be sent to NJSFWC, 55 Labor Center Way, New Brunswick, NJ 08901, postmarkef no later February 1st. A self-addressed, stamped envelope must be enclosed.
- DEADLINE for ALL information must be received by the committee at NJSFWC Headquarters by March 1, 2017.
- COMPLETED APPLICATIONS - DEADLINE March 1, 2017
- ANNOUNCMENT OF AWARDS - April 2017
View More info and Apply »