At the Start of a New Semester
- Verify that your NetID is activated.
- Make sure you’re using your SON email address, YourNetID@sn.rutgers.edu. You can check your email through Rutgers Connect.
- Register all of your devices (laptops, tablets, cellphones, etc.) for the RUWireless Secure network. This is the preferred wireless network for all course activities unless instructed otherwise by your professor.
- Do not use RUWireless, as this is a guest network that disconnects every 45 minutes, resulting in loss of internet connection. It will not work with Examplify or HESI.
- Download and install the latest version of Examplify from the ExamSoft site or the SON Student Computing page. Make sure you can log on to Examplify using your credentials, which has been sent to your SON email account.
- Promptly report any issues related to the above to your instructor and the IT Department.
- If your device is incompatible, speak with the IT Department and inquire about a loaner device several days before your exam. There are only a limited number of devices that can be loaned only for exams.
During the Semester
- Do not update the version of Examplify unless instructed by the IT Department or your instructor.
- Frequently check the SON Student Computing page as updates will be posted there from the IT Department.
- Fully charge your device the night before your exam.
- Log on to Examplify on your device. Do not update this software.
- Download the exam if it is available to download.
- Once you’re on campus, make sure your device is connected to RUWireless Secure.
- Close out all open applications and files before your exam begins. The only application and window that should be open and running is Examplify.
- Make sure you have enough space on your device so that you’re able to upload the exam once it’s completed.
- If you’re not sure how to check how much space is available on your device, inquire with the IT Department.
During and After
- Once you begin your exam, all internet connections will be lost until the exam is completed.
- Once the exam is completed, make sure you reconnect to the RUWireless Secure network.
- If the exam is uploaded successfully, you’ll see a green screen that congratulates you on a successful upload of your exam. Take a screenshot and save this file for your records.
- If your exam does not upload, contact IT support. You can also make sure you are connected to RUWireless Secure and manually upload your exam.
Contact the Rutgers School of Nursing IT Hotline at (973) 972-3609.