The goal of Instructional Design is to support the instructional technology needs of all Rutgers School of Nursing faculty, staff, and students. We’re here to assist you, whether you’re managing a course, accessing educational technologies, or teaching an online, hybrid, or in-person course. We’re available Monday to Friday from 7am to 4pm.
On this page, you’ll find information and updates regarding School of Nursing supported Learning Management Systems, instructional software, and applications.
- Instructional Design Resources: Log in with your NetID to participate in activities, view webinars, and peruse self-paced guides.
- Respondus Lockdown Browser
- Installing Lockdown Browser and Monitor Documentation in Canvas for Students (Video)
- Enabling Respondus Lockdown Browser and Monitor in your Canvas course (Video)
- School of Nursing Active Learning Strategies
- Did you know? – View tips and tricks from the CERI newsletter
Tools for Student Interaction and Engagement
- Kahoot! – Teacher’s Starter Guide
- Kahoot! – EDU User guide
- Kahoot! Webinar October 22, 2021
- How to integrate Kahoot! with your PowerPoint slides
- Poll Everywhere Webinar October 19, 2021 (Recording)
- Poll Everywhere Webinar: January 11, 2022
Slide deck | Rutgers Nursing Presenter Training (Video)
- Poll Everywhere User Guide
- Additional online resources
- Stand-alone Turnitin account request form
- Canvas Course checklist
- Step-by-step instructions for Canvas and other instructional technology tools
Asanté Q. Barr, Ed.D., MBA, MSOL
Assistant Director of Infrastructure, Instructional Design and Educational Support
School of Nursing
Stanley S. Bergen Building, Room 639
65 Bergen St.
Newark, NJ 07107