Information Services and Technology (IST)
Information about computer labs, printing, and computing technology
The School of Nursing requires each student to have their own personal computer or mobile device.
View the requirements
As an RBHS student, your NetID is your universal Rutgers login to access ALL electronic resources.
Activate your net ID or manage your password
The NetID gives you access to the following 5 accounts.
CORE/Computer lab login
This gives you access to our University Network. It allows printing in the lab and classrooms and is used to login to the lab computers
as well as the Rutgers (RUHEALTHSCIENCES) wireless network .
This is a gateway to all applications – it is the university intranet
- Access to your personal information, student records, online registration, email, university announcements, and many other applications, including email.
Learning Management Systems
Rutgers School of Nursing employs in person, hybrid, and fully online learning. Access is granted only a few days prior to the class start date!
- ExamSoft Login - Used for exam taking on a computer or a mobile device - You are required to Bring your Own Device to Exams - Please View Device Requirements and Policy
IDs will be issued via email once you are enrolled in a class and the professor has decided to use ExamSoft
- ExamSoft is a high stakes assessment program that enables exam takers to securely take examinations downloaded on a computer by blocking access to files, programs and the Internet during an exam. ExamSoft’s solution is an Internet-based exam delivery option.
Students will use Examplify (ExamSoft’s exam taking software) to take exams and/or quizzes.
- Canvas Login
- Your email address will be YourNetID@sn.rutgers.edu
- Messages will be deleted once they are 45 days old unless you create a folder and move your messages to that folder
- Your Rutgers email account is an official means of communication between the University and you, the school and you, and the faculty and you
- You are RESPONSIBLE to know about and respond to anything sent to your Rutgers email account.
- Use only your Rutgers email account to communicate with SN faculty and staff.Faculty and staff are not required to respond to email from any other email address- in most cases the email will simply be deleted
- DO NOT CREATE AN ALIAS EMAIL!!
The School of Nursing Computer Labs are available Monday-Friday, 7:00 am to 9:00 pm. The labs are not open on weekends and holidays.
- Stanley S. Bergen Building, Newark -
In addition, print services are also available in the following SSB classrooms: GA50, GA55, GA60, 620A, 620B
- Ackerson Hall, Newark - Room 201
- 110 Paterson St., New Brunswick
Additional Labs on the RBHS campus
- The University Computer Lab (MSB C632) is available Monday-Friday, 8:00 am to 9:30 pm; Saturday and Sunday, 12 noon to 5:00 pm. The lab is not open on University holidays.
- George F. Smith library is available Monday-Thursday, 8:00 am to 2:00 am; Friday, 8:00 am to 10:00 pm; Saturday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm; Sunday, 10:00 am to 2:00 am. The library is not open on University holidays.
PaperCut Printing & Copying
The University technology fee provides you with 1000 pages of print quota per academic year (renews every July 1st)
- Print usage is tracked by username
- Print jobs are charged to the user’s account only if a job is released and actually printed. Unwanted jobs should be canceled to avoid charges.
- Always remember to LOGOUT before leaving the computer or printer
- Additional PaperCut instructions can be found in the SN Computer Lab
- Replenish Printing Funds
Once you’ve exceeded the 1000 pages, you can replenish your print quota by:
Selecting “Details” on the PaperCut Quota dialog box (on lab computers) or by going to: http://umdppapercut:9191 - The cost is $3 for 100 pages
Campus Computing Help Desks: View Website »