APA Style Student Writing
Students will receive an overview of online resources available to them via http://www.apastyle.org/ and the Purdue OWL. Students should bring a recent paper and a copy of their APA Style Manual. We will be reviewing papers together for style and formatting and researching answers in the APA Style Manual
APA Style Writing Workshop is available through Academic Coaching. Please complete a tutoring request and select the Academic Coaching option.
- Library Session I
Victoria Wagner, RWJ Library- Associate Director and Coordinator of Medical Education, hosts an information session on library resources; eBooks, study tools, NCLEX style test prep, online flash cards.
- Library Session IIPam Hargwood, RWJ Library- Information and Education Librarian, hosts an information session on using electronic databases (Cinhal & PubMed) and other online tools to inform and improve your research projects.
- Library Session III
Pam Hargwood, RWJ Information and Education Librarian, hosts an information session on using the Cochrane Library with an angle on gathering nursing specific research. This will be paired with Clinical Queries (PubMed).
Recordings of the library information sessions are available on the Office of Academic Success Canvas page.
Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS) Writing Center is a satellite of the Newark Writing Center. The RBHS Writing Center provides writing tutoring to RBHS undergraduate and graduate students. Professional tutors will offer support in critical reading, research, and writing skills. Both in-person and virtual sessions are available by appointment.
- In Person in the RBHS Writing Center – George Smiths Library Electronic Training Classroom M906
To schedule an Appointment
- Email the RBHS Writing Center at E-mail: email@example.com
- Identify the School of Nursing and which program you belong too. For example: “School of Nursing DNP.”
- Appointments can be up to one hour per session. Students should target what they would like to cover within in the framework of that time.
- Common requests include Constructing and meeting the requirements of the DNP Proposal. How to approach a literature review and synthesize sources of research.
- The writing center is a tutoring center and works with students to become increasingly independent writers.
- Walk-Ins are not recommended
- RBHS Writing Center can also assist with resume/CV & cover letters
- Citation Management Tools
EndNote, RefWorks, Zotero overviews
- A Graphical Guide for Installing EndNote
Eye-catching simple how-to.
- EndNote Tutorials guide
Lots of information, tabs provide info for FAQs, links to vendor & youtube tutorials too
Graduate Writing Program
The Graduate Writing Program serves all matriculated graduate students within the Rutgers community. Its courses are designed to support students in their current and future research goals. Thus while Graduate Writing Program courses do appear on students’ transcripts, they carry zero credits and are graded Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory, where satisfactory performance is largely determined by attendance and engagement. Courses typically consist of eight class meetings and two one-on-one conferences. Students of all writing levels are welcome.