With a spirit of integrity, dedication, professionalism, and accountability, the School of Nursing Finance Department strives to provide excellent financial services while managing the school’s financial resources. Read more about us.
Training Information & Resources
- Rutgers University Procurement Services
- Rutgers Cornerstone (register for in-person training course)
- Rutgers Canvas (online training & job aids)
Log in with your NetID and password
- SON Chart of Accounts
Travel & Business Expense Reimbursement Information
- Rutgers Travel & Business Expense Policy
- SON Travel & Business Expense Reimbursement Information
- RU Travel Agencies (for pre-paid air/rail transportation)
- Travel Order Form (air/rail reservations)
- Travel Pre-Approval (TA) Form (pre-trip authorization)
- Expense Report & Cash Advance
Log in with your NetID and password, proceed to the “My Apps” tab, select “Expense Management”
- Mileage Reimbursement Form
- Meal Reimbursement Form
- IRS Per Diem Meal Rates by City
- Lost Receipt Certification Form
- Higher Level Approval Form (for expenses older than 60 days)
- Job Aid: Expense Management – Submit an Expense Report or Cash Advance
- Job Aid: Expense Management – Add a Delegate
- Job Aid: Expense Management – Add a Bank Account (for direct deposit)
- Job Aid: Expense Management – Withdraw an Expense Report
- Job Aid: Expense Management – View Paid Expense Reports
- Job Aid: Expense Management – Combine Expense Reports
- Job Aid: Expense Management – Add Attachment to Expense Report in Approval
Purchasing & Marketplace Information
- Rutgers Procurement & Payment Policy
- SON Purchasing & Marketplace Information
- Procurement Forms Repository
- Entertainment & Reception Prior Approval Form
Required for all food/beverage purchases
- Check Request Matrix
- Professional & Business Services Matrix
- Rutgers Tax Exemption Letter
- Rutgers W9
- Job Aid: Marketplace – Withdraw Requisition/Copy to New Cart
- Job Aid: Marketplace – Execute a Document Search
- Job Aid: Marketplace – Approve an Invoice
- Job Aid: Marketplace – Add Multiple Line Items
- Job Aid: Marketplace – Enter GL/Project String by Line Item
- Job Aid: Marketplace – Split Accounting Codes Within One Line Item
- Job Aid: PaymentWorks – Search for a Supplier
- Job Aid: PaymentWorks – Invite a Supplier
- Job Aid: PaymentWorks – Check Supplier Onboarding Status
- Faculty Tuition Reimbursement Pre-Approval Form
For prior approval of tuition reimbursement
- RU Payroll Check Request Form
For faculty tuition reimbursement
We emphasize a service-oriented team approach to providing financial information, business processes, policies, and procedures guidance that meet fiduciary and regulatory responsibilities, address the operational needs of the School’s departments, and serve the needs of our student, admission, faculty, and staff.
- Develop, maintain, and provide effective and accurate financial analysis, budgeting, and financial reporting to key stakeholders.
- Provide oversight of all financial activities within the school to ensure smooth operation and compliance with the University policies and procedures.
- Review, approve, and process financial transactions including, but not limited to, purchase requisitions, Travel Advance, Expense Report, Faculty Practice contracts and other expense related requests.
- Perform accounting and financial functions including accounting transaction recording, financial statement preparation, departmental budget and expense monitoring, variance analysis and explanations, tuition and fee analysis, post award grant management, and other project-related analysis.
- Provide training for faculty and staff on financial related processes in accordance with the University policies and procedures.