NEST Institute Policies
Northeast Institute for evidence Synthesis and Translation (NEST), a Collaborating Center of the Joanna Briggs Institute (JBI)
- Registration is requested at least 10 business days prior to the start of the program. The specific deadlines, however, are posted on the registration page and must be adhered to.
- Early registration is advised to ensure attendance as most programs do have maximum enrollments.
- Registration at the door will be honored only if space permits and will be decided on a case-by-case basis by the lead faculty of the institute.
- A $25 late fee will be charged for payment on the day of the program or if registration is received via email over a weekend before the start of a Monday program.
- No checks are accepted the same day of registration; only credit card or cash are accepted at that time.
Registration is confirmed when full payment is received.
- There is a $50 fee for handling of checks returned due to insufficient funds.
- On the day of the program, please arrive 30 minutes prior to start time.
- Rutgers School of Nursing (SN) students are eligible for a discount off the price of any systematic review institute track they choose as indicated on the registration page. This discount only applies to the cost of the track, not to the cost of JBI certification which remains the same as for all other participants.
- It is recommended that SN students who may wish to do a systematic review for their DNP project select the JBI certification option. This will facilitate the provision of greater center resources at their disposal as outlined in the description of the benefits of JBI certification. Students who opt out of JBI certification will not be able to use JBI’s software tools for their projects, and will not receive the other benefits of JBI certification, as outlined on the systematic review institute page.
- Fees are fully (100%) refundable only if requested in writing at least 10 business days prior to the start of the program.
- A $50 refund processing fee will be charged for all refunds requested 5-10 business days prior to the start of the program. Participants will also be charged a fee of $50 per day for the cost of food and refreshments for all days that they were registered to attend the institute.
- There will be no refund if a cancellation request is received 5 business days or less prior to the start of the program.
Registration and fees can be transferred to future systematic review institutes at NEST, however a $25 administrative fee will be charged.
- Participant substitutions are permissible with a 48-hour notification without losing fees or being charged additional fees. Participant substitutions that are requested less than 48 hours prior to the start of the program may be granted, but a $50 fee will be charged.
- While rarely necessary, the University does reserve the right to cancel or reschedule a program due to insufficient enrollment or inclement weather. All fees will be refunded for cancelled programs.
- In the University System, refunds may take up to 6 weeks to process.
- In case of inclement weather or extenuating circumstances (ex. flight cancellations, death in the family), the School will offer the equivalent training to the participant at the next institute that is taking place at the School, at no additional charge to the participant.
Records And Transcripts
Certificates are given at the completion of the institute. Records of participation in the institute are kept for a minimum of six years. Certificate of all programs attended are distributed electronically only. They may be obtained in hardcopy for a fee of $25 for each activity. Requests for duplicate hardcopy certificates must be made in writing with payment enclosed or one may call with credit card payment. Designate your name along with the dates and location of the program attended.
Breakfast and lunch refreshments are provided for the institutes.
Taping of the institute programs by individuals or photocopying of course materials is prohibited. The materials provided (including those that are provided electronically) are for personal use only. Handouts are copyrighted and as such are subject to copyright restriction.