- Pre-registration is requested at least two weeks prior to the program.
- Early registration is advised to ensure attendance as most programs do have maximum enrollments.
- Registration at the door will be honored only if space permits.
- A $25 late fee will be charged for payment on the day of the program or if registration is received via email over a weekend before the start of a Monday program.
- No checks are accepted the same day of registration only credit card or cash.
- A $25 administration fee will be charged to transfer registration from one course to another.
- Registration is confirmed when full payment is received.
- There is a $50 fee for handling of checks returned due to insufficient funds.
- On day of program, please arrive 30 minutes prior to start time.
RN Skills Refresher Course
A deposit of $500 is required to secure a place in the RN Refresher course with balance paid in full one month prior to start date. No refunds will be made 30 days prior to the first day of class
A $50 administrative fee will be charged for all refunds. Email requests will be honored up to four business days before the start of the course. If you need to cancel your registration, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. If cancellation occurs within three business days prior to the start of the conference, a refund will not be available. However, the full amount of tuition may be applied to a future Rutgers Center for Professional Development course. Allow minimum six weeks from date of course completion for processing refunds.
Records And Transcripts
Certificates are given at the completion of a program. Records of participation in continuing education programs are kept for a maximum of seven years. A duplicate certificate of all offerings attended may be obtained for a fee of $25 for each activity. Requests for duplicate certificates must be made in writing with payment enclosed or fill out the Replacement certificate form and pay online. Designate your name along with the dates and location of the program attended.
All faculty at nursing continuing education activities are required to disclose to the audience (1) any significant financial relationships with the manufacturer(s) of any commercial products, goods or services and (2) any unlabeled/unapproved uses of drugs or devices discussed in their presentations. Such disclosures will be made in writing in the courses presentation materials. Although it is rarely necessary, the University does reserve the right to substitute faculty if needed.
Unless otherwise noted, meals and refreshments are NOT provided. Please bring your own, or you will be directed to nearby facilities.
Lifetime Learning Credit Act
Individuals can qualify for an educational tax credit for tuition and fees paid for undergraduate, graduate, and continuing education courses. A family can claim on its tax return a credit equal to 20 percent of the first $10,000 of educational expenses for a maximum tax credit of $2,000. Eligible education expenses are offset by scholarships, grants, and employer provided tax-free educational assistance. The tax credit is subject to income and other limitations. For detailed information consult IRS Publication 970, Tax Benefits for Higher Education, which can be obtained at any IRS office or at http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f970.pdf.
Taping And Duplication Of Program Materials
Taping of continuing education programs by individuals or photocopying of course materials is prohibited. Handouts are copyrighted and as such are subject to copyright restriction.