Re-enrollment Application Guide
I should use the re-enrollment application if:
- I am a previously enrolled RN to BS/School Nurse Certificate student:
- Previously enrolled RN to BS and School Nurse Certificate students at the School of Nursing may apply for re-enrollment after a leave of at least one semester. Re-enrollment is available only for RN to BS and School Nurse Certificate students in good academic standing and who are on a leave of absence approved by the Office of Student Services. The application for re- enrollment must be received by the designated deadline, and space must be available
- I am a former Rutgers University - School of Nursing student seeking first-time entry into the RN to BS or School Nurse Certificate program.
- All former School of Nursing students should utilize the re-enrollment application to apply for the RN to BS and School Nurse Certificate programs.
- Students are re-enrolled according to their class status, cumulative credits, and previous academic standing at the time of last enrollment.
- Students are required to submit a personal statement online outlining the reasons for why they should be given the opportunity to re-enroll and listing their goals/objectives in applying to the specified program.
- Students attempting to re-enroll must submit official transcripts of any college attended since last enrolled in the School of Nursing to the Office of Admissions.
- I am a former Rutgers University student of a non-School of Nursing school seeking first-time entry into the RN to BS or School Nurse Certificate program.
- Students are re-enrolled based upon cumulative credits that can be applied to the School of Nursing program requirements, minimum 3.0 grade-point average requirement, previous academic standing at the time of last enrollment, and space availability.
- Students attempting to re-enroll must submit official transcripts of any college attended since last enrolled at Rutgers University to the Office of Admissions.
- Applications from students academically dismissed or under disciplinary suspension must follow the steps listed in their dismissal/suspension letter, are subject to review by the admissions committee, and are not guaranteed re-enrollment. Students on probation or dismissed are subject to credit and course load restrictions based on the specified academic sanction. Students who were dismissed are required to submit official transcripts with the requisite credits and grade-point average stipulated in the letter of dismissal.
Post Re-Enrollment Review
- Re-enrolled students are subject to all academic policies of the School of Nursing and the graduation requirements for the class in which he or she will graduate regardless of original college of matriculation.
- The School of Nursing – Office of Admissions will automatically retrieve the applicant’s Rutgers University academic transcript after submission of the online application.
- In order to be reviewed it is the applicant’s responsibility to assure that other required documents, including official transcripts from colleges attended other than Rutgers, are received by the School of Nursing prior to the application deadline.
- Application documents should be sent to: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey; School of Nursing, Office of Admissions; 65 Bergen Street, Room 601; Newark, NJ 07107.
Application Deadline/Procedure and Notification Schedule
- Students interested in applying for re-enrollment to the School of Nursing must submit the application online no later than March 31st for Fall term (September) re- enrollment.
- Students will receive notification of re-enrollment via email on or before May 1st for Fall term (September) re-enrollment.
- To be eligible for registration, students must reinstate the Net ID and email account. Instructions for registration and email account reinstatement will be included with the notification of re-enrollment. Orientation will take place during the summer months.
- By submitting an application, a student declares his/her intention to enroll at the School of Nursing. The School of Nursing will assume that an application represents a serious decision made by the applicant after thorough consideration of the school’s requirements and policies. The admissions office will notify the University Registrar of the student’s registration in the School of Nursing (school code #25 OR school code
Withdrawal of Application
- Prior to a decision, an applicant may withdraw his/her application by visiting the “Re- Enrollment Application Status Screen” and selecting "Withdraw My Application".
Withdrawal After Admission
- If an admitted student is unable to enroll at the School of Nursing, he/she must notify the School of Nursing – Office of Student Services at 973-353-5293.
- Students interested in housing accommodations on the Newark campus may contact the housing office at 973-353-1037/1073 or visit their website for additional information.
- Students interested in housing accommodations on the New Brunswick campus may contact the housing office at 848-932-4371. Housing accommodations are assigned on a space-available basis. Additional information can be found at http://ruoncampus.rutgers.edu.
Accommodation Under ADA/Section 504
- Students requiring accommodations should contact the Office of Disability Services to determine their respective Coordinators: 848-445- 6800 or email@example.com or visit http://disabilityservices.rutgers.edu.
- Rutgers University
School of Nursing – Office of Admissions
65 Bergen Street, Room 601
Newark, NJ 07107