Center for Educational Research and Innovation (CERI)
“Creating Synergies for Transformative Learning Experiences”
The Center for Educational Research and Innovation (CERI) provides leadership for the promotion of teaching and learning excellence, collaborations in interprofessional education, and advancement of the science of nursing education at the Rutgers School of Nursing.
The goals of CERI are to:
- Create synergies that foster an inclusive, dynamic academic environment that supports and develops nurse leaders in education, research, and practice.
- Establish a culture of evidence-based teaching and learning excellence.
- Foster a community of lifelong learners committed to excellence, innovation, and continued professional growth.
- Create opportunities for collaborative, team-based, interprofessional learning.
- Provide personalized consultation services for individuals, groups, programs, and schools related to teaching and learning excellence, interprofessional education, and educational research.
Associated Centers of Teaching and Learning Excellence
CERI provides leadership for the following associated centers of teaching and learning excellence:
The Center for Clinical Learning provides undergraduate and graduate students with realistic, evidence-based patient care experiences that develop clinical reasoning, critical decision-making, team-building, and technical skills using state-of-the art equipment, high-fidelity patient simulators, and trained personnel who act as standardized patients.
The Center for Professional Development offers cutting edge continuing education opportunities for registered and advanced practice nurses, nurse faculty, and other healthcare professionals to meet the demands of an increasingly complex, diverse, and dynamic health care environment.
- Innovative Teaching Strategies
- Student-Centered Learning
- Curriculum Development and Redesign
- Faculty Development and Mentoring
- Peer Evaluation
- Interprofessional Education and Collaboration
- Educational Research
- Outcomes Evaluation
- Teaching Practicum and Fellowship Experiences
- Professional Development and Lifelong Learning