6.5 contact hours
Course ID: MHFA
A one-day course offered on the following dates:
- September 13, 2019 – 10am-6pm
- October 7, 2019 – 9am to 5pm
Registration & Fees
- Free registration. We are only charging a fee of $18.95 for the Mental Health First Aid Book.
Breakfast and lunch included
Advanced registration and payment is required for all programs.
View the Registration & Refund Policies
The Mental Health First Aid course is an 8-hour course that teaches you how to help someone who is developing a mental health problem or experiencing a mental health crisis. The training helps you identify, understand, and respond to signs of addictions and mental illnesses.
This course is valued at $170. Thanks to Rutgers Schools of Nursing commitment to Mental Health First Aid, participants may attend at a reduced cost.
Location & Map
530 Federal Street
Camden, NJ 08102
Free Parking Available in Lot C18
View Camden Campus Map (pdf)
Rutgers Camden is easily accessible by public transportation:
- Train: PATCO-City Hall Stop
- Train: River Line Light Rail, Cooper Street Stop
- Bus: Walter Rand Transportation Center
- Sheila J. Linz, Ph.D., PMHNP-BC., RN.
- Mary Wunnenberg EdD, MSN, RN
Planners and Speakers have no conflicts of interest to disclose regarding this educational activity.
There is no commercial support or sponsorship for this activity.
In support of improving patient care, Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.