- Pre-registration is requested at least two weeks prior to the program.
- Early registration is advised to ensure attendance as most programs do have maximum enrollments.
- Registration at the door will be honored only if space permits.
- A $25 late fee will be charged for payment on the day of the program or if registration is received via email over a weekend before the start of a Monday program.
- No checks are accepted the same day of registration only credit card or cash.
- A $25 administration fee will be charged to transfer registration from one course to another.
- Registration is confirmed when full payment is received.
- There is a $50 fee for handling of checks returned due to insufficient funds.
RN Refresher Course
A deposit of $500 is required to secure a place in the RN Refresher course with balance paid in full one month prior to start date.
NCLEX-RN Review Course
Fees are waived if the student enrolls again within one year from initial enrollment. A full fee will be charged if the student re-enrolls one year or more after initial registration. If the student registers under the fee waived policy and then does not attend any classes, the student may not be allowed to register for additional courses as fee waived.
Must be a current College of Nursing (Newark/New Brunswick) student and enroll two weeks prior to the start date of course to be entitled to the discounted fee. Proof of student status is required.
Fees are refundable only if requested in writing two or more weeks prior to the start of the program.
- A $50 processing fee will be charged.
- There will be no refund if a cancellation is received two weeks or less prior to the start of the program or after one year.
- Registration and fees can be transferred, however a $25 administrative fee will be charged.
- Participant substitutions are permissible with a 48 hour notification without loss of fees.
- While rarely necessary, the University does reserve the right to cancel or reschedule a program due to insufficient enrollment. All fees will be refunded for cancelled programs.
- In the University System refunds may take up to 6 weeks to process.
Records And Transcripts
Certificates are given at the completion of a program. Records of participation in continuing education programs are kept for a minimum of six years. A duplicate certificate of all offerings attended may be obtained for a fee of $25 for each activity. Requests for duplicate certificates must be made in writing with payment enclosed or one may call with credit card payment. Designate your name along with the dates and location of the program attended.
All faculty at nursing continuing education activities are required to disclose to the audience (1) any significant financial relationships with the manufacturer(s) of any commercial products, goods or services and (2) any unlabeled/unapproved uses of drugs or devices discussed in their presentations. Such disclosures will be made in writing in the courses presentation materials. Although it is rarely necessary, the University does reserve the right to substitute faculty if needed.
Lifetime Learning Credit Act
Individuals can qualify for an educational tax credit for tuition and fees paid for undergraduate, graduate, and continuing education courses. A family can claim on its tax return a credit equal to 20 percent of the first $10,000 of educational expenses for a maximum tax credit of $2,000. Eligible education expenses are offset by scholarships, grants, and employer provided tax-free educational assistance. The tax credit is subject to income and other limitations. For detailed information consult IRS Publication 970, Tax Benefits for Higher Education, which can be obtained at any IRS office or at http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f970.pdf.
Taping And Duplication Of Program Materials
Taping of continuing education programs by individuals or photocopying of course materials is prohibited. Handouts are copyrighted and as such are subject to copyright restriction.