Important information for our students regarding clinicals (3/19/20 – 9:41 am)
Operating Status Update: 3/10/2020 – 5:15 p.m.
The following contains information regarding School of Nursing operating status given coronavirus plans at the University, and pertains specifically to undergraduate and graduate students at Rutgers School of Nursing.
School of Nursing students should note that some of the information and plans provided here differ from the email sent from Rutgers University.
Please read these updates carefully.
School of Nursing leadership has provided important information regarding classes, campus-based clinical lab/simulation instruction, and off-campus clinicals for the School of Nursing students. Because many of courses and campus-based clinical lab/simulation experiences are offered on regional campuses (e.g. Newark, New Brunswick, Blackwood), School of Nursing will follow the guidelines listed below:
- Beginning on Thursday, March 12, through the end of spring break (Sunday, March 22), all lecture and campus-based clinical learning lab/simulation instruction is cancelled.
- Beginning on Monday, March 23, through at least Friday, April 3, all lecture and campus-based clinical learning lab/simulation will be offered remotely. In other words, there will be no in-person classes or campus-based clinical learning lab/simulation instruction between March 23 and April 3, 2020.
- Important information for our students regarding clinicals (3/19/20 – 9:41 am)
In the coming days, faculty members will be in touch with students to provide more specific information regarding remote delivery of courses and campus-based clinical learning lab/simulation.
For questions related to the specific operating status of the School of Nursing:
- Visit the School of Nursing web site at nursing.rutgers.edu for the most up-to-date SON-specific information.
- Direct questions to the School of Nursing Dean of Students at email@example.com
In addition to the above School of Nursing-specific guidelines, please be mindful of the following university-level information which was sent to all members of the university community on March 10, 2020:
- Students living in residence halls should leave campus as soon as possible. Students are strongly encouraged to remain off campus through April 3. The University understands that leaving campus may not be possible or prudent for everyone, and we encourage anyone with concerns to contact the student housing office on your campus.
- Beginning Thursday, March 12, Rutgers events and in-person meetings involving groups larger than 15 participants are cancelled through April 15. Guidance related to this policy will be reviewed again by April 1.
- Groups with events scheduled after April 15 are urged to begin considering alternative plans in case future events will need to be cancelled or postponed.
- No new non-essential events should be scheduled until further notice.
- Athletic directors are instructed to follow the guidance of their respective athletic conferences.
- We strongly suggest that all members of the Rutgers community reconsider any upcoming domestic travel, especially to areas where there has been a significant incidence of COVID-19.
- All Rutgers-led international spring break programs are canceled.
- All students in third-party study abroad programs are strongly encouraged to return.
- All international travel sponsored by Rutgers is suspended.
- Any member of our community returning from a country designated Level 3 by the CDC is required to self-isolate for 14 days before returning to campus.