The Rutgers School of Nursing Facilities Management (SONFM) department is a staff unit within the School of Nursing’s administration consisting of building coordinators, administrative support, and management. We support the School of Nursing community with:
- Room Reservations: For room requests and reservations in SON-managed classrooms and conference rooms, fill out and submit the request form.
Note: Rooms may be reserved for faculty, staff, and student leadership events. Reservations are subject to availability and facilities approval. View our current room calendar.
- Maintenance & Repairs: We’re your central resource to coordinate maintenance and repairs with Rutgers University Facilities, CCC Blackwood Physical Plant, and external vendors.
- Projects: For relocation, equipment purchase and disposal, renovation, or other departmentally funded initiatives, we’re your partner from idea through project completion. We’ll work with our Rutgers business partners and external vendors to plan and implement the project.
- Card Access & Keys: We coordinate with University security and locksmith shops to address your facility access needs.
- Environmental & Fire Safety: We work with University Environmental Services (Custodial), Rutgers Environmental Health & Safety (REHS), and Rutgers Fire Safety to ensure SON facilities meet health and safety guidelines. If you have a concern, please contact us and we’ll help to get it quickly resolved.
- Maintenance, Projects, Card Access, & Safety Online Form: Submit a facilities request. You can also text us your maintenance request. Send a picture along with the building and room number to (973) 868-9222.
Need assistance with something not listed, or just have a question? Feel free to reach out to your building coordinator or the manager of facilities at the contact information below. We look forward to assisting you.
Manager of Facilities
Ackerson Hall, Room 203
Unit Computing Specialist
Ackerson Hall, Room 268
Facilities and IT Services
Stanley S. Bergen Bldg., GA-20
Program Coordinator I
110 Paterson St., New Brunswick
Emergency Contact: For immediate emergency service or hazardous conditions, please contact RUPD by accessing an outside line and dialing 9-1-1 from any university phone.
Campus-Wide Scheduling and Technology Resources:
- Newark Campus
- Newark Health Science Campus
- New Brunswick
- Rutgers Campus and Building Maps
- CCC Blackwood Campus Map
- Rutgers Security Technologies
- Rutgers Environmental Health and Safety
- Rutgers Facilities & Capital Planning
- Rutgers Fire Safety
- Rutgers University Police Dept.
We exist to provide facilities support and solutions for students, faculty, and staff throughout our Newark, New Brunswick, and Blackwood academic and clinical locations.
We strive to be a trusted and respected resource as we support the School of Nursing’s facilities needs.
The three pillars that collectively support the Facilities Management department are:
- Communication – We advise the SON community member that we’ve received their request and follow up each step of the way.
- Collaboration – We work in partnership with our University and community partners to achieve desired goals.
- Cultivation – We build lasting relationships with the SON community that produce inclusive improvement initiatives.