IV Therapy Training Course
A one-day course
8:00 AM - 2:15 PM (plus self study)
6 contact hours
Offered on the Following Dates
Registration & Fees
- $300 (includes IV lab kit)
- Advanced registration and payment is required for all programs.
for IV Therapy »
This course presents all the core skills needed for the healthcare practitioner to become familiar with intravenous therapy. Instruction includes a review of the circulatory system, fluid and electrolyte balance, insertion procedure, techniques for proper and successful catheter insertions, care, assessment and maintenance post catheter insertion, blood administration and covers a variety of venous access devices.
This course requires self-study and attendance at a 1/2 day, in-class session that will include demonstration, review, skills lab and testing. A self-study packet for your review should be downloaded and completed before you attend the course. (The link will be emailed to you after you register)
- Learners will understand how fluid maintenances and electrolyte balance fits into IV therapy.
- Learners will learn the importance and indications of administering IV medications for IV Therapy.
- Learners will understand the steps on IV insertion and possible IV complications.
- Hands-on skills lab will review:
- Procedures for selecting a site for insertion
- Types of Phlebotomy and IV therapy equipment
Location(s) & Map
Rutgers Health Sciences Campus at Newark
65 Bergen Street
Rooms listed above
Newark, NJ 07107 Map
Lot and Deck Parking Available:
- So. Orange Ave & Bergen St parking garage @ $10 day
- Bergen St. & 12th Ave. parking garage @ $7.50 per day.
- Metered parking is available on Bergen St. Be aware that ALL of the "posts" are metered spots. Follow directions on meters with "heads."
New Brunswick Location
120 Albany St.
Tower 2 -
New Brunswick, NJ 08901
Rutgers School of Nursing-Camden
530 Federal Street - Room 401 P/Q
Camden, NJ 08102
Faculty (Newark Sessions)
- Michele Agnese, MSN, RN
- Linda Curley, MSN, FNP
- Stephanie Murray, BSN, RN-BC
Faculty (Camden Session)
- Carol A. Connors-McCall, RN, VA-BC
- Davina A. Soernssen MSN, RN, CHSE
- Amy B. Sweeney, Ed.D., MSN, RN, CNE
- Planners and Speakers have no conflicts of interest to disclose regarding this educational activity.
- There is no commercial support or sponsorship for this activity.
ˆ Back to Top | View more continuing education courses »
In support of improving patient care, Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.