School of Nursing Peer Mentorship Program
The Peer Mentorship Mission
Through the Peer Mentor program, we will promote academic and personal success for the nursing student population at Rutgers University, and create an environment of support and scholarship through mentorship.
Mentor Position Description
Peer mentors will help to empower fellow peers by serving as an active resource while providing support and guidance. Each mentor will be assigned a small group of new Undergraduate School of Nursing students. Our hope is for mentors to establish a strong professional relationship with their mentees through a variety of personal interactions, such as individual and group meetings.
- Attend occasional meetings and trainings with Peer Mentor Leadership Team, including the Peer Mentorship Program Advisor
- Must participate in the planning and running of one program with a team of other peer mentors
- Must attend SON Student Leadership Retreat on September 17th, 2017
- Must submit a monthly report documenting student interaction
- Must be a full time undergraduate student in the School of Nursing
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Individuals interested in the position must complete the application form below
- Possess a true desire to help others succeed in the program
Student Engagement Team
The application will appear below when available.