PhD: Drexel University
MSN: University of Pennsylvania
BSN: La Salle University
Diploma in Nursing: Roxborough Memorial Hospital
AA: Community College of Philadelphia
Dr. Suzanne Willard's research interests include, prevention of vertical transmission of HIV disease, International Health, Adherence, palliative care, Urban Health and the underserved and insuring quality of care and quality improvement efforts.
Dr. Willard has worked for the past 10 years in Sub-Saharan Africa to support implementation of quality HIV services. She implemented a primary care practice in a pediatric hospital providing care to parents of children who were receiving HIV services. She instituted the first clinical program to provide services to pregnant HIV positive women in Philadelphia. Dr. Willard is currently providing clinical services in a clinic for the uninsured and providing mentorship for a new in-patient palliative care program.
- Invited Past Member (First nurse)-Panel on Clinical Practices for Treatment of HIV Infection, convened by the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) and the H.J. Kaiser Family Foundation–formulates HIV Treatment guidelines that are continually updated and published at http://www.hivatis.org/guidelines/adult/text/ - Panel chaired by C. Lane, MD, J. Bartlett, MD, 2001-2009.
- Member, Instituted for Safe Families, Physicians for Social Responsibility HIV /STD and Violence Workgroup, 1998-present.
- Member, CHOICE, Medical Advisory Council, 1998-2002.
- Fellow, American Academy of Nursing, Inducted 2004.
- JANAC Author Award, 2006.
- Frank Lamendola Achievement Award for Leadership in HIV/AIDS Care, Association of Nurses in AIDS Care, November 2000.
- Sigma Theta Tau, Nursing Honor Society, elected as a community member, 1992.