DNP: Chatham University
Post-Masters: Vanderbilt University
MSN: University of Cincinnati
BSN: The Catholic University of America
Dr. Richard Pessagno's scholarship and clinical interest include end of life care, grief and traumatic loss, postpartum depression, and group psychotherapy.
- President, Society for Advanced Practice Psychiatric Nurses/NJSNA, 2013-present.
- Treasurer, Board of Trustees, American Psychiatric Nursing Foundation 2012-present.
- Member, American Nurses Association/New Jersey State Nurses Association, 1984-present.
- Member, American Psychiatric Nurses Association, 2002-present
- Member, American Academy of Nurse Practitioners, 2009-present.
- Beck Institute Summer Faculty Training Scholarship, 2012.
- National League for Nursing, Scholarly Writing Retreat Award, 2012.
- Sigma Theta Tau, International Nursing Honor Society, 1989-present.
- Omicron Delta Kappa Honor Society, 2010-present.
- Blue Key Honor Society, 2010-present.