In a spirit of integrity, dedication, professionalism and accountability, the School of Nursing Finance Department strives to provide excellent financial services while managing the School’s financial resources. The Finance Department emphasizes a service-oriented, team approach to providing financial information, business processes, policies and procedures guidance that meet fiduciary and regulatory responsibilities, address the operational needs of the School’s departments, and serve the needs of our student, administration, faculty and staff.
Major functions include:
- Develop, maintain and provide effective and accurate financial analysis, budgeting and financial reporting to key stakeholders.
- Provide oversight of all financial activities within the school to ensure smooth operation and compliance with the University policies and procedures.
- Review, approve and process financial transactions including, but not limited to, purchase requisitions, Travel Advance, Expense Report, Faculty Practice contracts and other expense related requests.
- Perform accounting and financial functions including accounting transaction recording, financial statement preparation, departmental budget and expense monitoring, variance analysis and explanations, tuition and fee analysis, post award grant management and other project related analysis.
- Provide training for faculty and staff on financial related processes in accordance with the University policies and procedures.