Life With a PhD
Free Seminar and Luncheon for Prospective Students
Saturday, February 13, 2016
Two separate time slots are available:
• Session A: 10:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
• Session B: 11:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Ackerson Hall, 1st Floor Dean’s Lounge
180 University Avenue
Newark, NJ 07102
• 1.5 contact hours will be provided for nurses.*
• Free admission, lunch provided.
• Advance registration required.
Download Flyer (pdf)
About the Event
William L. Holzemer, PhD, RN, FAAN
Dean and Distinguished Professor, Rutgers School of Nursing
Dr. Holzemer will present a luncheon keynote and Q&A session. Recognized in the U.S. and abroad as an expert in academic nursing and a thought leader on key health issues such as HIV/AIDS care, Dr. Holzemer is a member of the National Academy of Medicine (NAM), one of the very few nurses to hold that distinction.
Information Sessions - Presenters
- Karen D’Alonzo, PhD, RN, APN-c, FAAN
Associate Dean of Nursing Science/PhD Program in Nursing
- Sabrina Chase, PhD
Director, Joint PhD in Urban Systems, Urban Health Program
Both sessions will cover the same information. Ample opportunities will be available to network with directors, faculty and students from both programs. Topics include:
- Choosing, applying and getting into the right PhD program for you
- Tips and tactics for success in your studies
- Your wide-ranging career options with a PhD in Nursing or Urban Health
- How a PhD can help you make a difference
- Plans for a new Post-BS to PhD in Nursing track
Sign up for our mailing list or attend the event to learn more.
The PhD in Nursing Program
Apply by April 15th for Fall 2016 admission.
Learn more here
The PhD in Urban Systems, Urban Health Specialization
Apply by April 15th for Fall 2016 admission. -
Contact Dr. Sabrina Marie Chase at 973-353-5744 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details about the PhD in Urban Systems, or Learn more here
*This continuing nursing education activity was approved by New Jersey State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission On Accreditation.
Rutgers School of Nursing is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the New Jersey State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission On Accreditation.
Provider Number P290-6/14-17.