DNP: Columbia University, School of Nursing
MSN: Boston College, School of Nursing
BSN: University of Rhode Island, College of Nursing
Research and Clinical Interests:
Dr. Lyons is a national expert in pediatric emergency care and has experience identifying pediatric trauma risk factors and has implemented institutional, evidence based policy changes related to pediatric access to care. Practice interests include pediatric access to health care, injury prevention and DNP education.
Professional and Community Activities:
- President NJ National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners ( NAPNAP)
- Emergency Nurses Association-Peer Review Education Committee Chair
- NJ State Nurses Association
- Diplomate, American Board of Comprehensive Care
- Pediatric Nursing Certification Board- Acute Care Committee
- Emergency Nurses Association
- National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners (NAPNAP)
- Sigma Theta Tau- Alpha Chi Chapter- National Honor Society for Nurses
- Certified Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (Acute Care & Primary Care)
- Diplomate of Comprehensive Care
- Certified Emergency Nurse
Honors and Awards:
- 2014 Columbia University Distinguished Alumna Award for a Distinguished Career in Education
- 2014 NAPNAP Foundation Scholarship Award
- 2012 March of Dimes Nominee Nurse of the Year
Recent Peer Reviewed Publications:
- Lyons, R. ( 2016). A tale of two proposals. Emergency Nurse, 24, 16.
- Lyons, R. (2015). Acute limping in a young child: Evaluation and management review. The Journal of Nurse Practitioners,11, 1004-1010.
- Lyons, R. (2015). Changing roles. Emergency Nurse, 24, 10.
- Reinisch, C., Lyons, R., Quinn, M., & Kelly, S. (2015). From capstone to community: translating a capstone project to a community setting as a component of a comprehensive program to address childhood obesity. Clinical Scholars Review, 8, 160-163
- Mahat, G., Lyons, R., & Bowen, F. (2014). Early childhood caries and the role of the pediatric nurse practitioner. The Journal For Nurse Practitioners, 10, 189-193.
- Lyons, R. (2014). Revisiting protocols. Emergency Nurse, 23, 14.
- Sivitz, A., & Lyons, R. (2013). Mid gut volvulus identified by pediatric emergency ultrasonography. The Journal of Emergency Medicine, 45, e 173-174.
- Reinisch, C.E., & Lyons, R. (2013).Is this a case of EMTALA violation? Advanced Emergency Nursing Journal, 35,328-331.
- Lyons, R. (2013). Managing change. Emergency Nurse, 20, 10.
- Lyons, R., & Reinisch, C.E.(2013). Legal and ethical implications of social media in the ED. Advanced Emergency Nursing Journal, 35,53-56.
Recent Book Chapters:
- Lyons, R. (2015). Musculoskeletal disorders in J. Silbert-Flagg & E. Sloand (Eds.), Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Review Guide 6th ed. Burlington, MA: Jones and Bartlett.