Yuri Tertilus Jadotte MD, PhD
Assistant Professor, Division of Nursing Science, Assistant Director of Education at the Northeast Institute for Evidence Synthesis and Translation (NEST)
Dr. Jadotte is a physician committed to preventive medicine. In 2006 he graduated summa cum laude from Montclair State University with a BS in molecular biology and a minor in chemistry. In 2010 he completed his Doctor of Medicine degree (MD) with honors at the Rutgers New Jersey Medical School. In 2016 he graduated from Rutgers University and NJIT with a Doctor of Philosophy degree (PhD) in Urban Systems, with a concentration in Urban Health. His research interests in urban systems include: improving healthcare services for urban populations, studying the relationship between urbanization, urbanism and disease, and quantifying the effects of urbanicity on healthcare and population health, particularly cancer outcomes. His other research interests include: interprofessional collaborative practice, evidence-based healthcare, systematic review and meta-analysis methodology, comparative effectiveness research, the impact of social determinants on health outcomes, and the social construction of health. He is a member of the Golden Key, Phi Kappa Phi, Sigma Xi Research and Alpha Epsilon Lambda honor societies, as well as the National Medical Association, the International Society for Urban Health, and the American Medical Association. He is a reviewer for several journals, including the European Journal of Health Economics, the Joanna Briggs Database of Systematic Reviews and Implementation Reports, the Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, and is a member of the Joanna Briggs, Campbell and Cochrane Collaborations. Currently he also serves as Faculty Advisor for Alpha Epsilon Lambda, Alpha Chi chapter at Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences, which is the university’s interprofessional honor society.
- Principal investigator of grant# R03HS025025 funded by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, for project entitled “Clinical predictive value of systematic reviews with meta-analysis for future research on patients with multiple chronic conditions: a demonstration project using the case of preventive statin therapy
- Lead author of international team of seven physician-scientists for the systematic review research project “Interventions for Cutaneous Sarcoidosis,” Cochrane Collaboration, Cochrane Skin Group.
- Lead author of international team of eight physician-scientists for the systematic review research project “Complementary and Alternative Medicine Treatments for Atopic Eczema”, Cochrane Collaboration, Cochrane Skin Group, partially funded by NIH grant R24 AT001293 from the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM).
- Lead research methodologist and second author on international team of nine physician-scientists for the research project “Hygiene and Emollient Interventions to Maintain Skin Integrity in Older People in Hospital and Residential Care Settings,” Cochrane Collaboration, Cochrane Skin Group.
- Principal investigator for SN endowment-funded project on “Comparing the synthesis of primary economic evaluations and economic modeling to improve equity in healthcare policy and health decision-making: a feasibility pilot study using the case of Mohs micrographic surgery for non-melanoma skin cancer”.
More information about Dr. Jadotte can be found at urbandermcare.com »