MSN: Columbia University
BSN: Webster University
BA: University of Missouri
Research and Clinical Interests
Ms. Hoyt has served as Director of Education and Capacity Development at the FXB Center, School of Nursing, Rutgers since 2012 and served as the FXB Center Director of Global Programs from 2008-2012. She is a recognized expert in the prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV infection and in reproductive health and preconception care for persons living with HIV infection. Ms. Hoyt currently serves as the Principal Investigators for the CDC RFA “Training and Technical Assistance to Support Elimination of Perinatal HIV Transmission and Implementation of Routine HIV Testing in Health Care Settings”. She serves as the Co- Chair of CDCs Expert Panel for Preconception and Reproductive Health for Persons with HIV Infection and Chair of CDCs Elimination of Mother-to-Child Transmission of HIV working group on Family Planning. Current research projects include “Strategic Planning Workshop for Implementation of HIV Preconception Care Services” and “Assessing the Attitudes, Knowledge, Barriers, and Recommendations of Healthcare Providers on How to Best Meet the Reproductive Health Needs of Patients Living with HIV”.
Professional and Community Activities:
- Vice-Chair, International Maternal, Pediatric and Adolescent Research Network Training and Education Committee, 2004-2006
- Co-Chair, PACTG International Resource Committee, 2003-2006
- Board member, Association of Nurses in AIDS Care, 1992-93
- President of the Association of Nurses in AIDS Care (1993-1994)
- Stephan G, Hoyt MJ, Storm D, Shirima S, Matiko C, Matechi E (2014, submitted) Development and promotion of a national website to improve information dissemination about prevention of mother-to-child HIV transmission (PMTCT) in Tanzania: Case study.
- Burr C, Storm D, Hoyt MJ, Dutton L, Berezny L, Allread V, Paul S (2013) Integrating health and prevention services in syringe access programs: A strategy to address unmet needs in a high-risk population, Public Health Reports, 129(1), Supplement 1
- Podhurst, Linda S., Mary Jo Hoyt et al. “Development and Implementation of Training Packages for PMTCT and Pediatric HIV Care” (chapter). From the Ground Up, Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation, 2008