Felesia Bowen, PhD, RN, APN-BC
Francois-Xavier Bagnoud Endowed Chair in Community Pediatric Nursing
Robert Wood Johnson Foundation- Nurse Faculty Scholar
Director, Center for Urban Youth and Families Assistant Professor
Division of Nursing Science
PhD: Columbia University, School of Nursing
MSN: Rutgers University, College of Nursing
BSN: Tuskegee University, School of Nursing & Allied Health
Research and Clinical Interests:
Dr. Felesia Bowen's work is focused on health disparities, particularly childhood asthma and oral health.
Professional and Community Activities:
- Member Institute of Medicine Forum on Children’s Cognitive Affective and Behavioral Health (CCAB) 2013- present
- NJ Chapter National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners (NAPNAP) –President 2013, 2014
- Director, Center for Urban Youth and Families at Rutgers University School of Nursing 2013-
- NJ Chapter American Lung Association Leadership Board 2013-
- Editorial Board, Salud y Administracion Universidad de la Sierra Sur UNSIS, Oaxaca 2014-
- Reviewer, Japan Journal of Nursing Science and The Journal of School Nursing, 2010-present.
Honors and Awards:
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Nurse Faculty Scholar 2014-2017
- NJ Healthcare Foundation of NJ Lester Z. Lierberman Humanism in Healthcare Award 2014
Hurdis Griffith Faculty Research Award 2012
- Nominee March of Dimes Nurse of the Year, 2010.
- Mahat, G., Lyons, R. Bowen, F. (2014). Early childhood carries: The role of the pediatric nurse practitioner The Journal for Nurse Practitioners 10(3), 189-193.
- Bowen, F. (2013) Open Airways for Schools: Description of a Program Modification. Global Science and Technology Forum Journal of Nursing and Healthcare 1(1), 55-58.
- Bowen, F. (2012). Asthma Education and Health Outcomes of Children Aged 8 to 12 Years. Clinical Nursing Research 22(2):172-85.