Criminal Background Check Requirements for Incoming Students
- If the program of study does not have a clinical component there is no Criminal Background Check requirement.
- For programs where the clinical component will not take place for several years, students do not need to complete a Criminal Background Check until nearer to the start date of the clinical rotation.
Criminal Background Check is delayed for
- Four-year BS in Nursing
- All Post BSN DNP programs
- All Post Masters DNP programs, including the Executive Program
- Non clinical programs in RN to BS in Nursing, School Nurse Certificate, Leadership Management, Informatics, Clinical Leadership
- All other incoming Rutgers School of Nursing students - follow the instructions for obtaining a Criminal Background Check by the due date for your deposit.