Radiology Review for APNs
3 contact hours
*** Special Offering - Register for this course and the morning course, Lab Review/Interpretaion for APNs, and receive complimentary lunch ***
Offered on the Following Dates
This course is not scheduled at this time
Registration & Fees
- $119 - General Registration
- $99 - Rutgers School of Nursing Faculty, Students, Preceptors and Alumni (Legacy UMDNJ)
- Advanced registration and payment is required for all programs.
- View the Registration & Refund Policies
The course is designed for the Advance Practice Nurse who has the opportunity to assess and diagnosis patients. Advanced Practice Nurses often have the first opportunity to assess and diagnose patients. X-rays obtained in the office, clinic, hospital or emergency rooms are an invaluable tool in quickly establishing a diagnosis or making a better differential diagnosis. This eyes-on course will improve your ability to read x-rays of the chest and abdomen..
This course will give you greater ability, greater confidence and will make you a better practitioner by improving your practice through better use of diagnostic imaging.
- Learn to view X-rays in a standard sequence each time in order to improve diagnostic accuracy and reduce errors.
- Recognize common abnormalities on chest and/or abdomen.
- Learn which advanced imaging tests to order.
- Achieve greater professional satisfaction in viewing and interpreting X-rays through increased diagnostic accuracy.
Location & Map
Rutgers Newark Campus
180 University Avenue
Ackerson Hall, room 209
Newark, NJ 07102
Irina Benenson, MA, MSN, NP-C, CEN
- Planners and Speakers have no conflicts of interest to disclose regarding this educational activity.
- There is no commercial support or sponsorship for this activity.
ˆ Back to Top | View more continuing education courses »
*This continuing nursing education activity was approved by New Jersey State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission On Accreditation.