Intimate Partner Violence (IPV) Continuing Education
3 contact hours
Course ID: IPV
Offered on the Following Dates
January 13, 2017
Registration & Fees
*** Special one-time discounted offer ***
*** $60 January 13th session only. ***
- $119 General Registration or
- $99 for Rutgers School of Nursing Faculty, Students, Preceptors and Alumni (Legacy UMDNJ School of Nursing and Legacy Rutgers College of Nursing)
- Advanced registration and payment is required for all programs.
This continuing education course is related to identification, screening, and development of plans of safety for women/others subjected to intimate partner violence (IPV). The course will be offered to advanced practice nurse’s (APNs) who practice in the state of New Jersey. Content will include discussion of national guidelines for screening for IPV, expectations for screening in New Jersey, the role of the APN in screening for IPV and providing treatment/ referrals for victims of domestic violence. The course will also identify state and national resources available for use by APNs for screening, referral, promoting awareness of IPV, and patient education.
- To explore current practice of APN screening for IPV in New Jersey.
- To identify evidence-based screening tools for use in screening for IPV.
- To identify New Jersey state and county resources and national resources available to APNs related to IPV.
- To promote awareness in the development of IVP policies that address the practice of screening for IPV.
- To identify appropriate codes for documentation and reimbursement for IPV screening practices.
- To identify opportunities for further development of skills and confidence in screening and management of IPV.
Location & Map
Rutgers School of Nursing
65 Bergen Street
Room locations will be listed at the top of this page when available.
Beth Knox DNP, APN, AOCN
Clinical Faculty Rutgers University School of Nursing
Essex County Family Justice Center Health and Outreach Educator
- Planners and Speakers have no conflicts of interest to disclose regarding this educational activity.
- There is no commercial support or sponsorship for this activity.
ˆ Back to Top | View more continuing education courses »
In support of improving patient care, Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.