End-of-Life Nursing Education Consortium (ELNEC)
Course ID: ELNEC
14 contact hours each course
The session that was scheduled for 1/10-1/11 has been canceled
Registration Fee (per session)
- $575 - Early Registration
(by Nov. 29 for Pediatric session)
- $650 - General Registration
(Nov. 29 or later for Pediatric session)
- $525 - Rutgers/ RWJ Barnabas Health Rate
- Special rates for groups of 3 or more, please contact us at 973-972-6655
- View the Registration & Refund Policies
The End of Life Education Consortium (ELNEC) broadly outlines end-of-life care for those caring for adult and pediatric patients in oncology, medical/surgical settings, hospices, palliative care settings, homecare, clinics, home-based facilities, etc.
• Each two-day course, will include modules on: Pain Management, Symptom Management, Communication, Ethical, Legal & Cultural Considerations, Loss/Grief/Bereavement, and Final Hours.
• Participate in role plays, case studies, and have opportunities to explore ways in improving your own self-care.
• There are also wonderful opportunities to network with others who are committed to improving care for all patients with life-limiting illness.
- Homecare nurses
- Hospice nurses
- Undergraduate and graduate nursing faculty
- CE providers and staff development educators
- APRN/staff nurses working in acute care settings (i.e. oncology, medical/surgical, palliative care settings, etc)
- Other members of the interdisciplinary team are welcome to attend
Location & Map
Rutgers Continuing Education Center
300 Atrium Drive
Somerset, New Jersey 08873
Plentiful free parking is located in several adjacent lots.
The classrooms are located on the first floor off the right side of the main lobby.
For guests requesting overnight accommodations, we suggest two hotels - The Double Tree by Hilton (732-469-2600) is located within an easy walk across the street from our classrooms. The Double Tree also offers a courtesy shuttle service for guests to locations up to five miles away, including downtown New Brunswick and the New Brunswick Train Station.
About a half-mile away is the Holiday Inn Somerset (732-356-1700). While Holiday Inn has a more limited courtesy shuttle service, they will be happy to transport guests to our Education Center. The Holiday Inn has a Rutgers rate of $83 +tax.
If flying into Newark Liberty, one transfer option is the Airport Monorail to the Newark Airport Train Station. Then take NJ Transit to New Brunswick (southbound ~30 minutes). Hotels and classrooms are approximately five miles from the New Brunswick train station. Taxi service is at street level, or call your hotel for shuttle service.
One of the many limo companies offering service from Newark Liberty is mylimo.com. Tell them you are visiting Rutgers.
This program is co-sponsored by:
A portion of this conference is made possible by the generous support of The Schwimmer Family in memory of their mother, Judith Schwimmer, who dedicated her lifelong career to improving lives through education.
- Planners and Speakers have no conflicts of interest to disclose regarding this educational activity.
- There is no commercial support or sponsorship for this activity.
ˆ Back to Top | View more continuing education courses »
In support of improving patient care, Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.