Basic Health Assessment Course
A three-day course
24 contact hours
Course ID: BHAC
Offered on the Following Dates
November 12, 19, and 26, 2018
SSB Room 1037 - Newark, NJ
December 1, 8, 15, 2018
Further practice December 22, 2018
Room TBA - Newark, NJ
Register for Basic Health Assessment »
Registration & Fees
- $655 General Registration or
- $595 for Rutgers School of Nursing Faculty, Students, Preceptors and Alumni (Legacy UMDNJ School of Nursing and Legacy Rutgers College of Nursing)
- A practicum/final exam can be arranged for an additional fee of $100.
- This course meets the requirements for entry into the Rutgers School of Nursing graduate nursing programs and may be submitted for review by other nursing graduate programs. Please check with your school for acceptance requirements. Some schools require a practicum and/or final examination.
- A practicum/final exam includes both:
- 40 question written exam
- 30 minute practicum evaluation
The purpose of this three-day intensive course is to enhance the health/physical assessment skills of nurses who function in hospitals, long-term care facilities, schools, community health, and industrial settings. An organized and systematic approach to health assessment will enable participants to utilize interviewing techniques to obtain and record a comprehensive health history and apply clinical skills. Participants will develop competence in identifying, describing, and recording normal findings.
Location & Map
Newark Campus Offerings are held at
Rutgers School of Nursing
65 Bergen Street
Room locations will be listed at the top of this page when available.
New Brunswick Campus Offerings are held at
120 Albany Street
4th Floor, Tower 2
New Brunswick, NJ 08901
Catherine Collin, MSN RN ANP CNE
- Planners and Speakers have no conflicts of interest to disclose regarding this educational activity.
- There is no commercial support or sponsorship for this activity.
ˆ Back to Top | View more continuing education courses »
In support of improving patient care, Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.