New Jersey Health Foundation
Excellence in Teaching Award
Deadline: All information and documentation must be submitted by Sunday, March 4, 2018
The New Jersey Health Foundation will present its annual Excellence in Teaching Awards (EIT) for faculty within Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences. One EIT award is available for each RBHS school. Faculty awardees will receive a custom-designed, framed certificate and a $1,000 stipend to be presented in the spring. The School of Nursing invites nominations for SON faculty to be considered for this award.
- Nominees must be in at least their 3rd year of service to the School of Nursing
- Recipients of this award in the previous year are ineligible (The 2017 recipient was Dr. Rula Btoush).
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness
- Any additional evidence that illuminates nominee’s contributions and achievements as a teacher
- Initial Nomination— Any Rutgers faculty member, staff member, student or alumnus may submit a nomination. Self-nominations are welcome. Submit a Nomination Form.
- Additional Materials. Nominee receives automatic email notification of the nomination and a website link to submit required additional information online.
- All Materials (from Nominator and Nominee) must be Submitted by Sunday, March 4, 2018.
- Supporting documentation:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Summary of Teaching Effectiveness Ratings from student evaluations within the past 12 months. --Include names of courses taught, enrollment in each course, student teaching effectiveness ratings. [NOTE: Do not include copies of actual student course teaching evaluations. ]
- Copy of faculty peer teaching evaluation and/or peer statement with evidence of teaching effectiveness.
- Letter of Recommendation (required for self-nominations, optional for others)
- Nominee’s Impact Statement (75 words maximum)
- Additional Statement of Support (optional)
The Faculty Recognition and Awards Committee will evaluate the nominees’ Supporting Materials and recommend an award recipient to the Dean. The Committee may also decline to recommend a winner for the award.
Submit a Nomination Form
If you have questions about this award, please email Dr. Judith Barberio: firstname.lastname@example.org
Online submission is strongly preferred. However, if you are unable to upload your documents, you may attach all documents in one email and send to Lynn McFarlane: email@example.com by the stated deadline. Your subject line should reference Excellence in Teaching Award 2018.