New Jersey Health Foundation
Excellence in Research Award
Deadline: Monday, March 12, 2018
All materials must be submitted by the deadline.
The New Jersey Health Foundation will present its annual Excellence in Research Awards (EIR) for faculty within Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences. One EIR award is available for each RBHS school. Faculty awardees will receive a custom-designed, framed certificate and a $1,000 stipend to be presented in the spring. The School of Nursing invites nominations for SON faculty to be considered for this award.
- Nominees must be in at least their 3rd year of service to the School of Nursing
- Nominees must be currently involved in research and must show promise of making a significant contribution to their field
- Recipients of this award in the previous year are ineligible (2017 Excellence in Research Award recipient was Dr. Felesia Bowen).
Award Criteria Include:
- Authorship on peer-reviewed publications
- Recipient of competitive extramural or intramural research grants
- Peer-reviewed presentations to disseminate his/her research findings
- Peer Recommendation
- Initial Nomination— Any Rutgers faculty member, staff member, student or alumnus may submit a nomination. Self-nominations are welcome.
Submit a Nomination Form.
- Nominee receives automatic email notification and invitation to submit required additional information online.
- All materials must be Submitted by Monday, March 12, 2018.
- Supporting documentation:
- Current Bio sketch (NIH Format)
- Letter of Recommendation (required for self-nominations, optional for others)
- Nominee’s Impact Statement (75 words)
- Additional Statement of Support (optional)
The Faculty Recognition and Awards Committee will evaluate the nominees’ Supporting Materials and recommend an award recipient to the Dean. The Committee may also decline to recommend a winner for the award.
Submit a Nomination Form
If you have questions about this award, please email Dr. Judith Barberio: firstname.lastname@example.org
Online submission is strongly preferred. However, if you are unable to upload your documents, you may attach all documents in one email and send to Lynn McFarlane: email@example.com by the stated deadline. Your subject line should reference Excellence in Research Award 2018.