Graduate Programs Information Session
Newark, NJ -
Wednesday, October 3, 2018 at 6:00 pm
Space is limited. Reserve your seat today
Admission Criteria for all Post-Baccalaureate DNP programs
Academic and Professional Requirements
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing from a nationally accredited program with at least a 3.2 GPA (where A = 4.0)
- Proof of current registered nurse licensure in the State of New Jersey.
Letters of Reference and Writing Sample
- Two letters of reference from graduate prepared nurses or academicians.
- Two scholarly papers of which the applicant is the sole author. This may be a published article, book chapter, or a paper completed for coursework.
- A Personal Statement describing your nursing experience, career goals, and what you perceive your contribution will be to the nursing profession after obtaining your degree
- Official transcripts of all previous college work
- Completed online application
- Application fee paid.
Official transcripts and other admission documents should be mailed to our Admissions Office
Office of Admissions
School of Nursing
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
65 Bergen Street, Room 601
Newark, NJ 07107
An interview with faculty may be required. You will be contacted during the application review process if an interview with faculty will be necessary.
To find the specific application deadlines for the academic program that you are interested in, visit Graduate Admissions Information. To apply now, click the link below.
In addition to the requirements above, International applicants must also submit the following:
- An official review of their transcript by WES or CGFNS and results of IELTS
- TOEFL or IELTS scores (required of all applicants whose undergraduate education was completed in a non-English speaking country. Even if you hold a master's-level degree from a U.S. or other english-speaking country you must still take the TOEFL or IELTS test. Scores must be current within 2 years of the applied semester.
- The minimum Paper based TOEFL score is 550.
- The minimum Computer based TOEFL score is 213
- The minimum IBT-internet based TOEFL (Writing 22, Speaking 23, Reading 21, Listening 17)
More information for international applications
Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
FNP Emergency Care
- FNP Emergency Care: Must have current emergency nursing experience consisting of a minimum of 1000 hours within the past three years. - Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) is recommended.
- All applicants will be interviewed prior to acceptance into the program. Once your application is complete, the Nurse-Midwifery Program Director will contact you and set a date and time for the interview.
- Students who have no Labor and Delivery experience must take a Basic Fetal Monitoring course and clock 40 hours of observation on a Labor and Delivery Unit prior to beginning NMID 6407. A certificate of completion for the Fetal Monitoring course and proof of the 40 hour observation must be submitted.
- Attendance at the American College of Nurse Midwives (ACNM) Annual Meeting is a requirement of graduation. Students will attend the meeting in the Spring of the year prior to graduation.
Graduate Program Application