Academic and Professional Requirements
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing as well as either a MSN or DNP from a nationally accredited program with at least a 3.2 GPA (where A = 4.0);
- Undergraduate descriptive/inferential statistics course and physical assessment course;
- Proof of current registered nurse licensure in the State of New Jersey.
- Student must have a Master of Science Degree in Nursing
Letters of Reference and Writing Sample
- Two letters of reference from graduate prepared nurses or academicians.
- Two scholarly papers of which the applicant is the sole author. This may be a published article, book chapter, or a paper completed for coursework.
- A Personal Statement describing your nursing experience, career goals, and what you perceive your contribution will be to the nursing profession after obtaining your degree;
- Official transcripts of all previous college work;
- Completed online application;
- Application fee paid.
An interview with faculty may be required. You will be contacted during the application review process if an interview with faculty will be necessary.
To find the specific application deadlines for the academic program that you are interested in, visit Graduate Admissions Information. To apply now, click the link below.
In addition to the requirements above, International applicants must also submit the following:
- An official review of their transcript by WES or CGFNS and results of IELTS
- TOEFL or IELTS scores (required of all applicants whose undergraduate education was completed in a non-English speaking country. Even if you hold a master's-level degree from a U.S. or other english-speaking country you must still take the TOEFL or IELTS test. Scores must be current within 2 years of the applied semester.
The minimum Paper based TOEFL score is 550.
The minimum Computer based TOEFL score is 213
The minimum IBT-internet based TOEFL (Writing 22, Speaking 23, Reading 21, Listening 17)
View more information on international applications
Student Essential Functions
View Student Essential Functions Policy (pdf)