Leadership - Management
The Leadership DNP Program prepares nurses who are on a leadership trajectory across all settings. Graduates of this program are expected to lead healthcare organizations in changing the delivery of care and the expected outcomes for our clients, community and global health. Graduates of this program will contribute to the discipline of nursing through innovation and evidence. The program is designed for either part-time or full-time study.
Rutgers School of Nursing prepares nurses to provide advanced level leadership to healthcare organizations by through evidence-based leadership, creating healthful work environment, and influencing the quality and safety outcomes for our clients, community, and global health. DNP prepared leaders will contribute to the discipline of nursing through innovation and translating evidence into leadership practice.
While primarily online, the program does require practicum hours as detailed in the one page overview (see below).
- Discriminates between transformational leadership skills and other leadership theories and their ability to influence systems thinking and healthcare delivery.
- Translate evidence using different approaches to support innovative solutions to complex organizational problems and opportunities.
- Evaluates quality and safety tenets at an individual, community, system and population level to improve outcomes.
- Generates relationship/partnership building through effective communication to influence healthcare delivery.
- Combines leadership skills, business acumen, and use of technology, human capital, quality and safety in the design and implementation of programs.
Credits to Completion
The Post-Baccalaureate DNP Leadership Program is 62 credits with 1,000 practicum hours. The first 500 hours are connected with the theory courses and the second 500 hours is when the student develops, implements, evaluates, and disseminates their project.
Plans of Study
Deadline to Apply
- August 1 for Fall Admission
- December 1 for Spring Admission
* Please note: ROLLING ADMISSIONS is available until the stated deadlines. Applicants must have a completed application (including supporting materials) to be reviewed. *