Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Integrate theories and concepts from liberal education into generalist nursing practice.
- Apply leadership concepts, clinical expertise, and decision making skills in the provision of safe evidenced based nursing care.
- Understand the basic elements of the research process and models for applying evidence to clinical practice.
- Analyze health data and research findings and utilize patient care and information technology to inform the delivery of high quality, safe care.
- Integrate knowledge of health care policy, finance, and regulatory environments to influence change in the health care system to improve health of diverse populations.
- Communicate effectively with patients and interprofessional health care teams through a variety of verbal and written approaches to optimize health outcomes.
- Provide culturally competent nursing care in health promotion, risk reduction, and disease prevention and management.
- Engage in ethical and professional practice to promote advocacy, collaboration, and social justice.
- Influences health outcomes through the delivery of comprehensive patient and population care that reflects baccalaureate generalist nursing practice.