Generic Baccalaureate Program
Deadline to Apply: Newark and New Brunswick
Priority Deadlines and Application Availability
(High School Students)
High school applicants should make sure their online application is complete and submitted no later than December 1, during the senior year of high school for Priority Deadline. Students wishing to apply for Early Action should submit their application by November 1 of their senior year in high school. Early Action applicants will receive non-binding, nonrestrictive online decision notification by January 31. Priority Deadline applicant will receive online decision notification by February 28. Once the recommended application dates have passed, students may still apply and will be considered on a rolling basis in the order that the applications and supporting credentials are received.
The Office of University Undergraduate Admissions requires the following information to have a completed application on file:
- Completion of the online application form, including self-reported high school grades
- Official SAT or ACT scores sent directly to Rutgers from the testing agency
- Paid the current application fee
Only the above information is required to make a decision for admission to our program. No personal statements, letters of recommendation, or essays are required. Our admission application forms provide multiple opportunities for applicants to describe their accomplishments, activities, community service, employment, family obligations and personal experiences.
Transfer students (Rutgers only)
- APPLICATIONS AVAILABLE FEB 1 FOR CURRENT RUTGERS STUDENTS SEEKING ADMISSION INTO THE SCHOOL OF NURSING
- WE ARE NOT CURRENTLY ACCEPTING TRANSFER STUDENTS FROM OTHER [NON-RUTGERS] SCHOOLS INTO THIS PROGRAM.
Currently enrolled Rutgers undergraduate students working toward a degree who wish to apply for admission to the School of Nursing should submit an online school-to-school transfer application available at the School-to-School transfer website.
School-to-School transfer applications for the School of Nursing may be submitted online from February 1 to June 1 for the fall semester. The School of Nursing does not accept school-to-school transfer applications for the spring semester.
- College-to-college transfer applicants are required to have completed 24 degree credits at Rutgers before transferring to another Rutgers academic unit.
- Grade point average of 3.3 or higher (Students are selected on a competitive basis therefore the GPA required for an actual offer of admission may be higher depending on the applicant pool).
Newark and New Brunswick Application Info
School to School Transfer Info
Deadline to Apply: Blackwood
- Deadlines and Application Availability (Camden County College Students)
Applicants should make sure their online application is complete and submitted no later than February 1, during their final year of Camden County College or prior to completing the sixty (60) undergraduate pre-requisite credits required for the bachelor of science degree in nursing. All applicants must be affiliated with Camden County College.
Applicants with a preferred GPA of at least 3.3 out of 4.0 will be given full consideration during the application process.
- Individuals that are interested in the program but do not meet the preferred GPA are still encouraged to apply, but these applicants should keep in mind the increased importance of their supplementary application materials.
An initial review of applications may be completed with unofficial transcripts. Official transcripts will be necessary for the official application to the University and again once studies at CCC are complete.
Unofficial transcripts from all colleges/universities previously attended must be submitted with the preliminary application.
- English Language Requirement
An official English proficiency examination score is only required for applicants whose secondary schooling has been outside the U.S. in a country where English is not the principal language. The accepted tests are:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Michigan English Assessment Battery (MELAB)
- Pearson Test of Academic English (PTE)
If you have received a grade of "B" or better in a college-level English Composition
course at an accredited U.S. college you do not need to submit proficiency scores. Camden County College ENG 101 and ENG 102 meet this requirement.
English courses that are designated ESL, non-native, or which require a special support component, as well as courses taken outside the U.S., are not acceptable. Please also note that Rutgers University does not accept correspondence or online courses.
Blackwood Application and Info.