Blackwood - BS in Nursing

Rutgers at Camden County - Blackwood

Frequently Asked Questions


Veteran Students: There are many veteran students at CCC – Will the cost of their studies be covered at Rutgers?

Financial support for veterans depends on a number of factors. The Rutgers University Office of Veterans Affairs works very closely with our veterans to answer questions about all aspects of veteran life at Rutgers, including financial support.  All veteran students should contact the Office of Veterans Affairs and the Office of Financial Aid to discuss what benefits are available to them.  For further information contact:

Office of Veterans Services                     
14 Lafayette Street
New Brunswick, NJ 08901
Phone: 848-932-VETS (8387)
Fax: 732-932-1535

Office of Financial Aid
Armitage Hall
311 North Fifth Street
Camden, NJ 08102-1405
Phone:  856-225-6039
8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. (Mon-Thurs)
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (Friday)

International Students: Does the School of Nursing accept international students?

Rutgers University School of Nursing does not admit international students into undergraduate programs.

English Language Requirement 

An official English proficiency examination score is only required for applicants whose secondary schooling has been outside the U.S. in a country where english is not the principal language. The accepted tests are:

If you have received a grade of "B" or better in a college-level English Composition course at an accredited U.S. college you do not need to submit proficiency scores. Camden County College ENG 101 and ENG 102 meet this requirement.

English courses that are designated ESL, non-native, or which require a special support component, as well as courses taken outside the U.S., are not acceptable. Please also note that Rutgers University does not accept correspondence or online courses.

What is the cost of attending Rutgers at Camden County - Blackwood?

The cost of tuition at Rutgers is currently $333 per credit for in-state students and $775 per credit for out of state students. For more details please visit

Summer Financial Aid: Will financial aid be available to CCC students to help cover the cost of tuition during their first summer? 

Financial aid is generally not available during a student’s first summer at a new institution.  Student loans, however, are available. For more information, please contact the Office of Financial Aid.

Is there a minimum GPA for admission to the program?

Applicants with a preferred GPA of at least 3.3 out of 4.0 will be given full consideration during the application process. Individuals that are interested in the program but do not meet the preferred GPA are still encouraged to apply, but these applicants should keep in mind the increased importance of their supplementary application materials.

Repeating Lab Science Courses: How would this affect the admissions decision?

Repeating lab science courses is acceptable, however, this detail is considered in the application review process.

Transcripts: Must CCC students present official transcripts for the preliminary application review? 

The initial review of applications may be completed with unofficial transcripts.  Official transcripts will be necessary for the official application to the University and again once studies at CCC are complete.

***Unofficial transcripts from all colleges/universities previously attended must be submitted with the preliminary application.  

****If unofficial transcripts are submitted prior to the release of fall 2012 grades, an updated unofficial transcript reflective of fall 2012 course grades must be submitted prior to February 1, 2012.


© 2018 Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey. All rights reserved.
DonateJoin Our Mailing ListEmployment OpportunitiesWebsite Feedback